Chapter 19

Jennie POV

I'm sitting in my office and can't think about what went wrong. Of course, Everything went wrong. I've been looking for Chaeyoung secretly for eight years.

I kept having dreams about her for years, and I keep missing the person who never left my side. But Mom hired people to follow me, and when they saw me with Chaeyoung again, they will destroy our life. And Chaeyoung's sudden disappearance alarmed me. What if Mom asked someone to dispose of her, but she assured me that she did not do that.

I'm too young to fight for her. How did it happen? How did I fell out of love? Why suddenly one day. I feel like I don't feel anything about her anymore. Maybe because my mom keeps telling me to stay away from my best friend and my first love. I feel tired of listening to all that my friends say about Chaeyoung. All I know is, I'm so afraid but before but I never listen to them. 

Until one day, everything is becoming harder since Chaeyoung left to study in another city.

Flashback

"I saw Chaeyoung outside; she's with Chanyeol," Nayeon told me, and I felt the pain in my heart as I saw my girlfriend laughing beside Chanyeol. 

I shook my head as I walked away until I saw Yeri running to me, "I have something to tell you, Jennie," 

"What?" I plainly said.

"since you already caught them. I always see Chaeyoung with Chanyeol lately, and she asked me not to tell you when I saw them. I'm sorry." Yeri said, and instead of getting mad, I feel nothing. I'm so tired. I feel so cold that I don't care anymore. For six years, Chaeyoung never left my side, and distance also slowly distances our feelings.

I trust Yeri so much, and I know that she will never lie to me.

I ran home when I saw Chaeyoung smiling at me. "Hey, J." she kissed my neck.

"Don't touch me," I said. "Do you like chanyeol?"

"I don't know what you are talking about," she confusedly said.

"I saw you with him, and Yeri told me everything. Do you like him?" 

"I don't," she sighs, and I broke down.

"Then why can't you stay away from him?!" I said.

"Because he's my friend. He needs my help academically," She explained.

"You know that he likes you! You know that he's a playboy, For fuck sake, Chaeyoung!"

"He knows that I love you; he knows that I'm yours, Jennie."

"Then why you didn't tell me?" I massaged my temple.

"Because you will act this way. I'm sorry. Chanyeol is only a friend, Trust me,"

I trust her, but how can I trust her when she's not telling me things.

"Okay, fine. I will never meet him again, and we're okay now. " She smiled.

 I forgive her because I'm still holding to our relationship. 

And Another week again that Chaeyoung came back from the other city to visit me.

"I'm home, baby," Chaeyoung excitedly squeezed me.

"Why are you here? Why did you not give me heads up? I can't breathe, love," I said, but she only showered me with kisses.

"Love, Nayeon invited me to go out," I said, and her look immediately changed.

"Don't." She sternly said. "I just got home,"