Chapter Two

The villain stood outside the hero's front door, hand ready to knock. He hesitated, before finally knocking. "What do you want?" The door was harshly swung open by an older male.

"I wanted to talk to Ember."

"She's not here right now." The man hissed, slamming the door in his face. The villain stared listening to the faint screams. He knew the hero was home. He'd only seen her leave to save the world or to buy groceries.

"Nice to see you, honeysuckle."

"I heard you tried to see me earlier, my father told me." The villain nodded his head. "What's your evil scheme this time?" The hero walked closer to the male.

"I'm not going to tell you. Besides you always find out sooner or later." The villain smirked.

"Haha, that's hilarious." The hero turned facing the town. The hero gasps. "What are you doing?" She tried to shake her wrists free of the cuffs.

She huffs in defeat. "There's a good girl." The villain pat her head, and clipped a collar around her neck. "Oh! Almost forgot." The villain placed a cat-eared headband in her hair. "Perfect! Come-on, kitty!"

"You can let me go now." The hero pulled at the chains, "or at least take these off, I'm already hanging out in this cell." She waited for the villain to walk down to the basement. 

"Can I at least have a blanket?" The hero pleaded, staring at the camera. The hero pulled her sleeves further over her hands. "It's freezing down here." The villain knew how cold it was down there, but he had planned to make her a nice dinner.

The charred burger sat along with all the other meat he burned. "I guess I'm ordering food." The villain mumbled, turning off the stove.

The hero's face lights up when she hears the villains feet on the stairs. He turns on the light blinding the hero for a second. "Here." The villain held a cape out to her. She stepped toward him, only to be yanked back by the chains. "Oh, sorry." The villain unlocked the cell, and placed the cape over her shoulders.

"You kidnapped me." the hero stated dryly. The villain smirked.

"Yes, now I get to see my pet everyday!" the female rolled her eyes.

"Good for you." she walked to the corner and sat. the villain turned and left the room leaving her alone in the dark.

"Father, why are you here?" The hero listens to the villain's suddenly frightened voice.

"I wanted to see how my son is doing. And it looks like you prepared for me."

"That's my food. Don't touch it."

"What did you say, child?" the hero felt her own fear rise.

" th-that's not your food." the villain's voice shook, making the hero tug at her restraints. She heard, someone hit the ground, being dragged towards the basement stairs. She suddenly felt grateful that the wall blocked the sight of the stairs.

"Oh look. You kept your cage." she heard keys and watched as the door opened. Her eyes grew wide when the villain was thrown, hitting the ground. "You can stay there till I leave." the villain nodded his head, and the door shut.

"I'm sorry." the villain whispered to the hero.

"Are you okay?" the hero crawled closer to him, only stopping when her chains dug into her skin.

"Fine." he crawled closer to her. He pulled the keys from his pocket, he handed the keys to the female. "They're for the door." he blushed as he pulled a separate key out, gently grabbing the females bruising wrists. He unlocked the cuffs letting them fall, loudly clanging against the floor.

"Thank you." she rubbed her wrists careful of the fresh wounds. "Let's get out of here." she unlocked the door allowing the male to exit before her. The pair heard footsteps quickly approaching them. The hero placed the cape over the villain's shoulders, and opened the cell door all the way.

"Let's get out of here" the villain pulled the hero to the base of the stairs. "Hide here." He opened a small closet, "I'll come get you when he's gone." The villain saw the hero's fear, he didn't want her to come into contact with his father. He was terrified of what he would do to her if they couldn't escape.

The hero listened to the loud banging on the other side of the door. She let out the breath she'd been holding, silence finally filling the basement. She cautiously opened the door, just enough to see the males. Her eyes grow wide with fear when she sees the bloodied villain being dragged back to the cell. "Worthless child!" He spit on the villain before slamming the door.

Gasping she softly closed the door. The male stomped up the stairs, slamming the door behind him. She quickly climbed from the closet, and unlocked the cell door. "Baka" she whispered as she knelt by his side. She pulled his unconscious form away from the door, resting his head on her lap. She placed her hands on his face. "Baka," she whispered, more to herself than the unconscious male. She leaned down kissing his bloodied forehead. She let her hands fill with a soft glow. "I might die because of this." She ran her hands down his face, and in his hair.

She felt her body weaken. Her eyes grew heavy, "not yet..." she willed her body to continue, watching as his wounds slowly healed. She winced as her body took on the males cuts and bruises. The wounds cut into her own, re-opening them. "I-I'm...sorry" she let her eyes close, collapsing onto the ground.