James Potter hadn't realized how deep things were going to be after graduation. He wanted a home of his own, one where Siobhán and him could live. He hadn't put much thought into the future, but he knew she was in it. All that mattered was her. They were going to be together for eternity, even in death. James was brave, and the thoughts of the dark lord didn't necessarily scare him. It was risking his family that made him afraid. He didn't want anything happening to his parents, but how would he avoid that? There was no way for him to protect them from the dangers outside. It would be inevitable.

"Tomorrow is going to be fun." Siobhán chimed in, tone neutral. "I hope no one throws up on the couch. The last time we threw a party, there was vomit on the chair. Merlin, it was disgusting. I felt like I was the one who was cleaning it up, but thankfully someone used their wand."

James chuckled, fiddling with his fingers. "If you don't want to party, we could always stay in your dorm. I have a couple of books I haven't read yet. We could sing to the music that would be blasting downstairs. It's all up to you, but I'm down with anything you want to do."

Siobhán smiled. "You're always down to do boring stuff with me. That's what I like about you; that you're down to do anything despite it being boring."

"It's never boring with you." he cheekily said, running a hand through his hair. "I find everything entertaining when you're around. It's like a dream when we read books together, calm and quiet. You recommend me books, and I swoon like an idiot. But, I love everything about you, even the tedious parts."

"Tedious?" she scoffed, rolling her eyes. James grinned, grabbing her hand. "I'm fun to be around. I don't have boring parts."

"I'm only joking." he stifled a laugh. "You're always interesting to me. Even when you're angry, I find it very amusing."

"It's amusing until you start getting angry." she pointed out, a smug smirk plastered. "Just saying, you're scary when angry. I wouldn't want to mess with you, but I already do. You hate it or love it, no in-between."

"Right." he nodded his head, clasping his hands together. "I usually love it, even if it frustrates me. I remember our idiotic arguments, and you don't want to know how many times I regret what I said. I fill up with disgust just thinking about it."

"I was rude," she confessed. "I didn't grasp the whole situation. I left for months, but what did I gain out of it? My relationship with Reggie blossomed, but the fire we had burned out. Our chemistry was still there—it just wasn't the same. I felt out of place like I didn't belong there. Yet, things changed for the better. It made me more mature, and if I could go back in time, I wouldn't change a thing. It helped us get together."

She squeezed his hand, gazing into his eyes. James cupped her face and kissed her. It was a soft and genuine one, where the feelings were intimate. He felt safe next to her, and she felt the same. Siobhán comforted him in so many ways; she wouldn't be able to imagine. James felt sane next to her, like the world would never hurt him. It was a moment of bliss.

"I have to ask..." James wavered. "What do you plan on doing after we graduate from Hogwarts?"

Siobhán opened and closed her mouth, trying to come up with words to say. It was a question too hard to answer. She didn't have exact plans on what to do when she graduated, but she wanted to be a mother. Siobhán felt like she would be an excellent one. Her children would have her eyes and James' hair. It would be perfect, but that reality seemed impossible. She had to face the truth—there would be no happy reality. In this world, she wanted to be a successful woman. She wanted to be a woman without the need for her husband's help. It was possible, but it would be tough.