15. Back To The Sea

Start from the beginning

I brought the covers up to my mouth to hide my smile but I started laughing when he came back out and immediately glared at me.

"You look very handsome." I chuckled.

"I'll kill you for this."

"No you won't." I laughed and in seconds he was standing over me.

"Dove."

"Captain."

"Run."

-

"Leviiiiiiiiiiiii!!! " Hange yelled as she wrapped her arms around Levi's shoulders from behind. "Why does your hair look curlier today?"

"I don't know." he glared at me again and I looked up at the sky.

"Hmmmmm...."

"What do you want four eyes?"

"When are we leaving?"

"Now. I've sent Jean to gather everyone to the ship."

"Ooooookay then, I'll go tell Erwin."

"You do that." he sighed and she immediately run off to go to the ship where Erwin was left alone.

"Are you alright? You don't seem to be in a good mood."

"I'm fine." he rubbed his eyes. "Isabel just started crying again when I said goodbye."

"Oh..." I looked down at the road. "Yeah... I get it. She seemed to be very fond of you." I murmured with a heavy feeling settling in my chest.

"Tch." he placed his hand on my head. "No need to be jealous, dove, Izzy is like my sister."

"I'm not jealous." I rolled my eyes.

"Uh-huh." he huffed and stood up. "Let's go to the ship." he lightly kicked my boot and I stood up to follow behind him.

-

(Levi)

I took a deep breath as I felt the wind pick up speed around me. My ship was back on the open sea and all my brats were doing their jobs nicely. Except for my little dove who is standing next to me. She might be part of my crew now but she doesn't look very happy to be here. Her expression is not what I expected.

"Oi, are you alright?"

"Yeah. I'm fine."

"You don't seem very happy. Do you regret coming back with me?"

"That's not it."

"Than? "

"I'm already dizzy." oh... Right. She gets sea sick.

"Go and lay down on the bed with a bucket next to you."

"Hmm. I think I'll do that. I'll see you later." with a forced smile she went down the steps to go to my room.

I'm still trying to understand how this new way of looking at her effects me. To say I'm in love is a far stretch, I'd recognize the feeling. However she is not a simple woman to me anymore. Maybe I'm falling for her. Maybe it's the effects of the nights I spent with her. I really don't know and I'm just confused.

With my attention on the setting sun I felt a slight presume on my left knee. At first I didn't pay attention to it but it started to go higher so I looked down and felt my anger rising.

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"... Zeke..." I spat out.

"Huh-ah-huh-ah-huh-ah! " the animal got off me and run down but I chased after it.

"Jeager!!!" I yelled and everyone stopped including the brat I had called out.

"Captain!"

"What is this monkey doing here?!" I growled and grabbed the cursed thing from one of the ropes.

"I-I-I-I d-don't know sir! He must have followed me! " he said with his eyes closed.

"The truth brat."

"That is the truth!" he still didn't look at me.

The brat is certainly lying and I'm not going to let something so filthy on my ship.

"Tch." I shook my head and moved to the edge of the ship ready to throw out the monkey but everyone immediately started protesting. "Seriously brats, why would I let a filthy, monkey on my ship? "

"Captain please don't kill him! " Eren fell on his knees begging me.

The stupid monkey is named after his older brother, I'm not sure if somewhere in his head he started confusing the two. Then again the monkey was his brothers before he disappeared.

"Tch." I looked back at the small animal that was clinging onto my arm.

"Come on Levi." Erwin spoke. "Don't you think killing him is a lot?"

"No."

"It's really not that bad. It might be good to have an animal on board."

"We already have a horse."

"Come on now." eyebrows kept talking and I looked back at the brat who was still on his knees.

"Whatever." I sighed and threw the monkey back to him. "I don't want to see a single shit anywhere on the ship! "

"Yes sir! " everyone said.

"Eyebrows, to the helm." with that I went to my room where I saw a certain brat throwing up in a bucket.

Patience Levi. Patience.

----------------------------------------------

Thoughts?

-Christel.