Chapter 1: im coming home

Weeks ago Maya had called home, and today was the day she moved back. Rick Clayton, Maya's father had been busy preparing her room, fixing up her horses tack. And trying to make sure everything would be as smooth as possible when she returned.

Around one o'clock Maya's beat up old Ford pickup pulled into the driveway of the Clayton farm. Even though the blonde bouncy haired girl moved to 'the big city' she refused to give up the old pickup. She had the thing since she was 16, that was 2 years ago.

Attached to the truck was a silver trailer holding most of her belongings. The trailer used to be a horse trailer but was now used as a moving trailer thanks to Maya.

********************
(Maya's pov)

I pulled up the driveway nervously, I hadn't seen my dad in almost a year. I quickly glanced down at my outfit, Daisy Dukes, white tank top and a plaid shirt tied around my waist. I looked back up at the window and parked the truck in front of the Carmel coloured house. I looked out my door window and saw my dad sitting on the steps, I smiled at him and hopped out of the truck. I jogged over and wrapped my arms around him. "I missed you" I smiled and pulled away.

"I missed you to darling" he smiled at me. "But I think somebody missed you more" he grinned and looked over towards the barn.

I looked at him excitedly bolting off towards the barn. I opened the door and jogged down the isle until I came to the third last stall. I opened the door causing my gorgeous black and white paint, Oreo to glance my way. Once he saw me his ears perked up and he gave a loud whinny. I smiled and walked in the stall, I wrapped my hands around his neck hugging him tightly "Hi boy" I smiled and stroked his mane. I looked around before spotting his halter and lead tied outside the door. I leaned over the stall door and grabbed both, I walked back over to him and slid the halter over his soft muzzle. I clipped the lead rope on and lead him out of his stall. I lead him down the isle and to the indoor arena doors, I opened them and let him inside, I looked beside the door and pulled a few horse treats from the box shoving them in my pocket. As I was walking into the arena a loud voice started talking "Hey! You can't just let the horses in here!" He slightly yelled. A glare formed on my face as I stepped into the room, "I can do whatever I want!" I looked towards the far corner where a tall, muscular, brown haired boy was working with a chestnut horse.

"No you can not, and besides nobody is allowed to ride Oreo" he shot me an angry glare.

At the mention of his name Oreo looked up from the salt block and trotted his way over to me. I patted his neck softly and hopped on his back. "He's my horse" I stated

The boy looked at me confused for a second before finally realizing who I was "You're Ricks daughter?" He questioned

I let out a short laugh "Bingo" i tapped Oreos side causing him to break into a jog/trot after a few laps around the arena I cooled him off and put him back into his stall.

Once I gave him a treat I walked back out to my truck where my dad and the boy I was arguing with were unloading the trailer. I walked over to them and smiled at my dad "I can't wait to start riding again!" My dad laughed "Oreo's missed you" I smiled happily and picked up a box. I walked inside, followed by the boy who my dad had forgot to introduce me to. "So what's your name?" I asked bluntly, as we walked up to my room.

"Luke, Luke McCoy" I opened the door to my room and looked around it happily, the walls were painted white with many picture of me and Oreo, mostly competing. There was a sitting bench under the window and on the left wall was a smaller walk in closet. I walked over to the green sheeted bed and set the box I was carrying on it.

"I'm Maya by the way" I stated as Luke was walking out the door. Holy that boy was hot, no he was a jerk, a hot jerk that is.

"I know" he shouted before walking down the stairs.

After about half an hour my room was completely set up. As I was laying In bed scrolling through my facebook feed my dad knocked on the door "Hey sweetie, can you get changed were having a barn party" he smiled.

I looked at him happily "Yah sure dad, give me 15 minutes" I smiled

"Okay, I'll send Luke up to get you then" with that he closed the door and walked down the stairs.

A minute or two later I shut my phone off and got up, I walked over to my closet and pulled out a white, mid-thigh length dress. The top part was tight while the rest was flowy, I matched it with a pair of brown cowboy boots and a brown belt. I curled my blonde locks and put on light coloured makeup.

Just as I was finished getting ready someone knocked on my door, I rolled my eyes knowing who it was "Come in" I said a bit annoyed. The handle turned and Luke swung the door open "Your dad told me to come get you" he said sternly. "Uh-Huh" I walked to my bedside table and picked up my phone before turning to look at him. He was wearing blue jeans, a fitting white t-shirt, cowboy boots and a black hat placed on his head, he looked good.

I walked to the doorway and slipped past him causing my shoulder to slid across his chest. He was about 6'2" and I was about 5'10" so their was quite a difference in our height.

After a moment or two we headed downstairs and out to the barn.

-------
Hey guys, sort of a cliff hanger?

I hope you guys enjoy this story! I know the chapter wasn't extremely interesting but it will get better!

Don't be afraid to comment your thoughts on the story and/or constructive criticism!

Questions!

1.what do you think about Maya and Luke's fight?

2. Do you think they will be enemies, friends or maybe something else?

3.why do you think their having a barn party?

4.is this chapter a good length? To long? To short?

Don't forget to vote :)