𝟎𝟎𝟒. the wand

Start from the beginning

Evie reached into her purse and pulled out the small magic mirror as they all sat around the table, "Mirror, mirror on the...in my hand," Evie said, clumsy, "Where does Fairy Godmother's wand... stand?" They watched as the mirror showed them a close-up image of the wand, "There it is!"

"Zoom out," Carlos told Evie.

"Magic mirror, not so close," Evie whispered to the mirror. It showed them an image of the Earth, "Closer, closer, closer."

"Can I go back to my game? I'm on level three," Carlos said as he started to leave.

"Stop!" Jay suddenly shouted that caused Carlos to look back.

"It's in a museum," Mal said as she looked into the mirror.

"Do we know where that is?" Milo asked Carlos.

Carlos typed something on the laptop, "2.3 miles from here," Carlos told him as he showed the group the laptop screen.

Milo chuckled and smirked at him.

Milo then walked over to the door and opened it. He poked his head into the corridor and looked around to make sure no one was there. There was nobody.

"Come on!" Milo whispered back to the group as he ran into the hallway. Jay, Evie, and Mal followed him while Carlos stayed back to play his game, "Carlos!" Milo whisper-shouted when he noticed that Carlos wasn't following them.

"Coming!" Carlos called out as he ran down the hall after the others, putting on his jacket.

💜🐉

They ran up the steps, around the outer perimeter of the Auradon Cultural History Museum.

"Check your mirror," Mal ordered Evie as they walked down a few stairs while Evie frowned at her.

"Is my mascara smudged?" Evie asked her.

"Yeah, and hey, while you're at it, why don't you see if you can find us the wand?" Milo asked sarcastically, rolling his eyes along with Mal.

"Sure. This way," Evie said as she took the lead and led them farther around the building. Then they found themselves at the entrance.

Inside they could see Maleficent's cursed spinning wheel and also a guard that was studying the cameras.

The security guard's chair squeaked as he turned around, at that note the five Descendants ducked out of the way so he couldn't see them. The moment later they looked back at the window. The security guard was still there but turned away from the window. Milo and Mal both found themselves staring at their Mother's spinning wheel.

"That's your mother's spinning wheel?" Jay asked Milo and Mal while laughing.

"Yeah, it's kinda dorky," Carlos agreed with Jay, laughing with him.

"It's magic, it doesn't have to look scary," Mal told them defensively before taking her spell book, "Magic spindle, do not linger, make my victim prick his finger."

The guard turned his chair towards the spinning wheel but did nothing.

"Impressive," Jay said, sarcastically as he shook his head.

"I got chills," Carlos added, showing his wrist as he and Jay snickered.

"Okay, you know what?" Milo asked them, annoyed before he took out his spell book, "Prick the finger, prick it deeply, send my enemy off to sleep."

They watched as the guard rose from his chair. The guard walked around the wheel, pausing to stare at it, and then reached out to touch the needle. He pricked his finger. The guard stretched and yawned, lying down on the dais next to the wheel, falling asleep.