17. Resurection

It had been a week since the accident and Itadori's death, but she felt weird.

Generally when people died, she could summon them even if for a short time period.

However she couldn't feel any trace of Itadori's nor Sukuna's soul, what the heck was going on?She was starting to think that they might not be dead.

Nah, she was just fooling herself, during this two days her, Nobara and Fushiguro had been awfully quite.

Since her breakdown she looked like an apathetic living corpse, she even forgot to answer Junpei's texts.

Nobara looked like she was ready to cry, but she refused to admit that she would shed any tears over a guy she'd known for only two weeks.

Fushiguro closed in himself even more, always holed up in that phone, she just knew that he felt like he failed his friend somewhere.

And Gojo...at first he had looked angry, than a few days later he looked just fine, again what the heck happened?

There was no way something wasn't up, she couldn't feel their souls among the dead, they had to be alive. Or at least she convinced herself that they were.

"Shinzo-chan~ may I have a word with you?" ugh so obnoxious and for what.

She sat up from her spot on the stairs and approached her teacher.

"What do you want? I already did my exercises." she clearly was in a bad mood today and she wouldn't take any of Gojo's shit.

"You are always so mean to me! But since I'm the best I've got a surprise for you." he whined and then his mood did a full swing.

"And the surprise is?" she looked unimpressed.

"Well, it's a surprise that only you can see, follow me." he stated and led the way towards the stairs that lead underground.

She sighed, but followed suit, if he finally wanted to murder her now was the right time. Shinzo had a suspicion that this man really didn't care about what happened to her, to him she was more of a cool experiment to look at.

He unlocked a door to a room, Hunger Games was playing on the tv, DVD's all over the place, wooden floor and a sofa with Itadori on it.

Yes nothing strange-

"ITADORI?!" she yelled while pointing at him with her right hand, her eyes looked like saucer plates.

"Surprise Kurosaki, I'm alive!" he did jazz hands as he jumped off the sofa.

"What the fuck..." she looked petrified, she didn't know how to react.

"Did you like our surprise Shinzo-chan?" she could hear Gojo ask some dumb rhetorical question.

"What the fuck...!" she intelligently replied, now she was a bit angry at this dude, scratch that at the both of them, no actually three of them.

Itadori was a bit taken aback by her lack of vocabulary, she looked like if someone asked her what her name was she would answer with what the fuck.

"Come here you idiot." she said opening her arms with a grin on her face and puffy eyes.

Uh? She recovered pretty quickly and also her eyes were twitching...Whatever this is the reaction he was waiting for! So he jumped to hug her.

What a nice tight hug, maybe too tight...he was starting to feel dizzy, this felt more like a boa trying to strangle him.

"Ku-Kurosaki you're suffocating me..." he managed to wheeze out and pat her arms to signal his distress.