Chapter 2 - Back to Reality

Jay woke me up the next morning by gently shaking my shoulder "Bay, you need to get up now were going to be late" he tells me I wave my arm around feeling for my phone and glancing at the time.

"Shit" i say loudly seeing we had to be at work in half an hour, I leap out of bed and grab some clothes from the wardrobe and throw them on before walking out the bedroom brushing my long hair and shoving it in pony tail.

"I don't think I've ever seen you get ready that fast Cooper" he says as i shove a slice of toast in my mouth and pull my shoes on.

I attempt to reply to him but all I end up doing is spitting toast crums everywhere. Jay hands me my gun and badge before kissing me on the head "lets go" i say my mouth still full of toast and we head out of the door making sure Milo doesn't follow us out.

_________________________________________

"Bang on time" Antonio calls over to us as we reach the top of the stairs

"Yep" i say with a smile "you wouldn't have thought I only woke up half an hour ago would you"

Antonio nodded his head approvingly and turned back to his computer. Just the Ruzek and Atwater came in from the back.

"Ah morning lovebirds" Ruzek says slapping Jay on the back causing  Jay choke on his coffee which makes  me laugh.

"You are such a dick sometimes" Jay says kinda pissed

I just smile at him he meets my gaze and smiles back at me mouthing I love you across the room.

_________________________________________

It was a tough day, we had a long difficult child kidnapping case with curveball after curveball.

By the time we got home both Jay and inwere exhausted. We curled up together on the sofa picking at the Chinese takeaway we had grabbed on the way home.

I was staring at Jay when an idea began to form in my mind. "You know Will and Ally have never met" I tell him

"Oh yeah your right" he says "why haven't we already introduced them"

"I honestly don't know, but what do you say we invite them over for dinner one day next week" I suggest

"I'm down for that" he says

"Excellent I'll ask Ally tomorrow" I say Yawning

"Yeah I'll do the same for will" Jay replies before picking a blanket up off the floor  and wrapping it and his arms around me and kissing the top of my head

"The best thing after a long day is that I get to come home and be with you" he tells me smiling.

I nod my head in agreement "especially after a day like today"

"Yeah being able to hold you in my arms I'd so comforting and gets rid of any bad mood I am" he replies.

I just gaze up at him lovingly he really was the most perfect man in the world.

_________________________________________

Hey guys,

I just wanted to tell you to go and check out Pipadoodle. She has just started a new story and it's great.

So please go sh her some love :)