50. Breakfast in bed & MoMA

Super important note at the end, please read it ! :)

The fresh smell of pancakes filled the kitchen as I excitedly cooked for Harry. He was still asleep in my bed and I knew it was too early for him to wake up. It was our last morning before I had to go back to school and I wanted it to be special. Harry had always been so good to me and I wanted to be good to him too, and I believed that small gestures like this screamed my feelings for him.

I set the pancakes in a plate and filled the rest of the plate with fresh fruits, with extras of his favourite : bananas. I smiled as I looked at my ‘creation’, it looked good, but most importantly it looked delicious. I was satisfied with the result and mentally patted myself on the back. A way to a man’s heart was through his stomach and I knew I would hit the target perfectly.

Utensils in one hand and the plate in the other, I made my way to my room, where I knew my boyfriend was still sleeping like a log. I slowly pushed the door open, trying to avoid light from hitting his eyes and quickly closed it. I put down the plate on my bedside table before slowly getting on my bed.

I straddled him, not putting too much weight on him and leaned my face closer to his. I pressed a soft kiss on his lips and he stirred softly but didn’t quite wake up. I went to his ear and tenderly took his earlobe between my teeth. I giggled and Harry grunted and his hand lifted to rest on my lower back.

“Wake up sleeping beauty,” I whispered in his ear before kissing my way to his chest.

Harry mumbled incomprehensible words and I smiled against his skin. I knew it was too early for him, that he wanted to sleep in, but I really didn’t want to waste our last day before school. I wanted us to do something, no matter how small it was.

For the past two weeks we had almost lived like hermits. With my mom leaving to go back home only a week ago, the first week I spent as much time as I could with her and the second week was spent with Harry as we finally enjoyed some alone time together, but always inside. I wanted today to be different; I wanted us to go out. So, I kissed his skin repeatedly until Harry couldn’t resist anymore and took a hold of my face and brought it up, leveled to his.

“Naughty, naughty girl,” he scolded me playfully before pressing his lips against mine.

I hummed in satisfaction as I finally got what I wanted and Harry smiled into the kiss. Before I could react, Harry started to act silly as he pecked my face all over, sometimes licking, sometimes biting. I turned into a giggling mess as Harry turned us over. I laid under him, my hands against his chest and trying to push him away, yet not quite wanting him to stop. Harry knew that, and he kept going, laughing as well. But suddenly he stopped and I wondered what was wrong.

He frowned and scrunched his nose inquisitively. I frowned too, not understanding what was happening.

“Can you smell-” he stopped mid-sentence as his eyes landed on the plate that sat on my bedside table. “Pancakes?”

His inquiring expression was replaced by a satisfied one and I smiled.

“For me?” He asked, his eyes hopeful and I nodded. The biggest smile spread on his face before he kissed my face all over, again. “You are the most wonderful girlfriend, I love you,” he said between kisses and my heart expanded in my chest.

He carefully climbed off of me and went to grab the plate. He looked at it for a second before looking at me. “Loads of bananas, how thoughtful of you.”

I shrugged, before smiling at him. “I almost made the pancakes heart-shaped, but I thought that it might have been too much.”

Harry laughed and shook his head. “Would’ve liked it,” he admitted.