Chapter 1

You wake up to the sound of your father's car door being opened up, and you look around. "Dad? Are we there?" You ask, as you couldn't see much from where you guys were parked. "Yes, hun. We're here. You can go ahead and grab your smaller bags to bring in first, okay?" Your father responds. You nod and open up your door.

You were nervous, mostly to see Larry again. You guys had lost contact a month after you moved due to you dropping your phone in the toilet, and you lost everything. What if he didn't remember you? you did move years ago, when you guys were still in 5th grade.

You shook that thought from your head and sighed, picking up your two smallest bags and closing the door. "What room did you say we were staying in?" you question, looking in your father's direction. "Uhhhh....." He started, clearly thinking. "403! 403! Sorry, i forgot there for a minute." He laughed a bit, walking beside you.

You just shook your head and opened up the front door to the complex. As you and your dad walk in, you hear a creak of metal, and you both turn. "Good day madam and sir! Welcome to Addison Apartments! You two are staying in 403, correct?" The man says, and you smile. "Hello Addison. Yes, we are." You reply.

He pauses for a moment before squinting his eyes at the two of you. "Oh my! (Y/N) and (F/N)?!" Gosh have we missed you two here!" He says, and your father and you both laugh.

"We missed you guys too, Addison. How have you been?" Your father asked, and Addison let out a happy giggle. "We've been alright. Thank you for coming back, it's been lonely not having many people to talk to. Although Sally sir has been keeping me company. Well, i won't keep you any longer. Have a splendid day you two." He said, slipping his hand through the slot and waving.

"See you, have a great day." You respond, waving back as the slot closed and you two made your way to the elevator. 'Sally? hm.. i don't recognize that name.' you thought, pressing the button to go up to the fourth floor.

As the elevator doors open you two step out. It's silent on that floor, and your father and you look at each other. "Why is it so quiet up here?" you question, glancing around and then at your dad. "I'm not sure.. i was about to ask you that question." your father said, smiling.

You two walked up to your apartment and opened up the door. It looked way nicer than what you remember back then. "Hm.. i remember when Mrs. Sanderson lived here. She moved recently didn't she?" Your father asked. "I'm pretty sure. I heard some people outside talking about her." you replied as you walked into the room you guessed would be yours. You then set your bags down.

"Hey...dad?" You started, sheepishly walking into your father's room. "Hun i already know what you're going to ask, and yes. you can. just be safe please, and tell Lisa i said hello." he replied, which surprised you.

You simply smiled and quickly grabbed the card you kept that accessed the basement. you were surprised you still had it, given you were very forgetful. you just hoped that it still worked.

You stepped out of your apartment room and walked to the elevator. 'i'll greet everyone else as soon as i see Larry.' you thought. but what if he wasn't even there? what if he moved? you shook your head and slid the card into the slot to access the basement. to your luck, and surprise, it worked.

After a few moments the doors opened to the basement, and it looked cleaner than before. you stepped out and smiled, memories filling your brain. 'Let's do this.' you said, giving yourself some courage before walking up to Larry's door.

You gave it a few knocks, waiting as your stomach churned. after a few seconds of you standing there, you hear footsteps coming up to the door. "Yeah Mom! I got the door!"

It was Larry. Shit.

You froze as the door opened. It was silent as you looked up at Larry. He'd gotten way taller than before, almost a foot taller than you. "Heeyyy Larry. How've you been? Listen, I know it may seem like i was ignoring you but that's not the case, you see i drop-" your rambling was cut off by Larry wrapping his arms around you tightly. "holy shit! (Y/N)!! god you have no idea how much i've missed your dumb ass. god damn." you could hear his voice waver, like he was crying.

You felt so bad. you wrapped your arms back around him, and you smiled. it felt nice to finally hug him again.