𝗖𝗵-𝟯: Two Years Later...

A farm in Modesto, California. It looked to be calm and quiet, with some horses and cows minding their own businesses with grazing and/or trotting around their fields. Braedey, now about 10 years old, was sitting on the back porch, looking to the blue sky and white clouds just sitting on the blue canvas up above.

It's been up to about two years since the breakup of Mystery, Inc

It's been up to about two years since the breakup of Mystery, Inc. and Braedey has not heard a single word about any one of his friends, which did get him concerned for what they might be up to. Braedey had ended up here on this farm thanks to the couple who lives here. A man found him in the boxcar when the train stopped outside of Modesto, and the man, who happened to be a farmer, offered him a place to stay at his own little farmland, which Braedey leaped at the opportunity. He was just so happy to have somewhere to stay. Once at the farm, Braedey was greeted by the woman on the farm, and they welcomed him in to stay as long as he can, and he offered to help out as best as he can, which they thanked him very much.

The elderly man used to tell stories to Braedey that he once served in the U.S Air Force back in WW2, and once fought in the Battle of Midway, and even survived a brush with death. After the war, he even took home the old P-51 Mustang which he occasionally flies around the farm, sometimes in remembrance of those he flew alongside with in the war. Braedey was impressed and even helped with fixing parts of the plane alongside the elderly man, much to his relief and thanks.

Overtime on the farm, Braedey has slowly gained some muscle on his form, but he was still small and not as big as other boys

Overtime on the farm, Braedey has slowly gained some muscle on his form, but he was still small and not as big as other boys. Despite that, he's actually gotten better with the web-shooting tricks and skills. He even learnt a few more tricks: he could sense or hear things all around him like some kind of 'spider-sense', even able to crawl up walls and rooftops with his bare hands and feet, and have strength to lift up an old 20-tonne tractor. He took a guess that it might be due to his new spider-like abilities, and they seem to be evolving overtime.

Braedey sighed to himself. 'Just another day on this farm and nothing about the gang.' He thought to himself. 'I'd imagine Fred would do some weird book-thing or something. Velma could be working at NASA or some big science group. Daphne could be doing some martial arts. And as for Shaggy and Scooby... actually, I don't know what they'd be up to.' He shrugged innocently.

"You okay?" Braedey looked to see an elderly woman, who is the wife of the man who brought him here. The elderly man has gone to the railway yard for his job. "You have been rather quiet for today."

"Oh, I've just been thinking." Braedey sighed softly, now looking at the clouds. "Just about what I've been through over my last few years."

"Well, I'm sure that something good will come your way." The woman reassured as Braedey stood up and they go over to the kitchen, where freshly baked cookies from the oven. "Here you go. Freshly baked and from the oven."

"Wow

"Wow. These look great." Braedey picked up one of the cookies and he took a bite. He smiled at the taste. 'Man, Shaggy and Scooby would love these things.' He thought to himself with a bittersweet smile. The cookies were nice, yes, but what's the point when there is nobody to also enjoy them with?

Just then, the sound of someone knocking at the front door got their attention. "Excuse me." A male voice spoke out from the door. "I'm looking for a Mr. Braedey Martin, the detective?"

Braedey froze, dropping the cookie in the process. "It sounds like someone wants me to solve yet another terrifying and monstrous mystery." He muttered. With that, he began to run to pack his bag, but the woman stopped him to say that it might be something rather important.

So, with much reluctance, Braedey walked up to the door. As he opened it, he saw what might be a Hawaiian male in a white shirt and pants with white shoes, holding a yellow letter in his hand at the left door. He looked rather out of place here at the farm.

"Oh. Hello." Braedey walked up to the man, but sat on the bench on the front porch. "Listen, sir. I would really wish to help you out. You seem to be a really nice guy. But, I'm no longer a detective anymore." He said solemnly.

"Oh. I've been sent by my employer, Mr. Emile Mondavarious." The man showed the letter. Braedey looked at the name, as well as the picture on the letter. "To invite you to his world-famous amusement park, Spooky Island."

Spooky Island is a horror themed island amusement park, owned by a Mr

Spooky Island is a horror themed island amusement park, owned by a Mr. Emile Mondavarious. Attractions vary from dancing "ghouls" to "monster" roller coasters. It's pretty popular with college students wishing to escape all of the mayhem.

"Oh, no, no, no, no, no." Braedey now stopped him there. "I'm sorry, but I do NOT go anywhere with the word 'spooky', 'haunted', 'forbidden' or 'creepy' in the name. OR 'hydrocolonic', but that's for a completely different reason." He then started to walk over to the barn.

"Mr. Mondavarious would like you to solve a mystery." The man explained, walking up with Braedey, the brunette now turning to him. "He'll pay you a few of $10,000 American dollars."

Braedey thought about this. "Well, I'm not sure about that. I mean, it sounds good, but I don't know what a 10-year-old like me would do with $10,000." He shrugged.

"He'll provide you free airfare."
"Not bad, but I'm still not sure."
"Room and board."
"I'm... not certain."
"All-you-can-eat."
"That's for someone else."

"And...a possibly reunion with some folks you know."

Braedey now realised who this man was talking about. This could be his chance to find those he's looking for. He showed a little smile. "When does the next flight to Spooky Island leave?" He asked, the elderly woman smiling gently at the look in his eyes.