Chapter 11

Strip and Ophelia had been at the hotel for a few days now, mainly just kicking back and hanging out with the each other. Since they'd spent so long apart, they were finally reunited. But now, it was finally time for the two of them to pay Strip's brother, Alex a visit.

Strip was finally returning home, back to the place where he'd spent all of his time training and preparing to become a professional racer. To him, this place felt more like home then when he lived with his parents.

He rung the door bell, looking through the glass beside the door. "Alex, you home?" The sound of cluttering filled the air, however it wasn't outside. It was inside. The thing about Alex, was that he was an incredibly smart guy. He didn't do some cheesy job, he had a rather serious job.

The door swung open, revealing a dark blue Plymouth Superbird. He was a few years older then Strip, a big smile on his lips. "Strip! Ophelia! Welcome." He looked to the mustang, his smiling growing bigger. "My, how you've grown! How've you been, it's been years since I saw you last."

Ophelia chuckled, smiling herself. "I could say the same for you, Alex. I've been fine, just finished school, looking at going to college next summer. What about you? How's life treating been treating you?"

"It's been good, I've just been working on my newest project. Wanna come see?" The green Plymouth Superbird offered, moving aside to let the two cars in. His eyes, on the sight of his house. Alex had always been so caught up in his work, for as long as anyone had known him. So, he hardly had any time to clean. Which, he was ashamed off but in his defence he hardly had any visitors.

"Right this way!" He called to the other two cars, leading them over to his office. That, looked like a cyclone had hit it. There was books, tools, parts, all sorts of things across the desk and floor. Poor Alex, almost tripping over in the process. "Here! This is the latest piece that I've been working on, what do you two think? It's yet to be looked at, and tested. But, so far it's looking promising!"

"Uh, Al? What's it meant to be?" Strip chuckled, not sure what to even say about the catastrophe before them. To be fair, it wasn't finished yet. So, it was understandable as to why it was a big mess. Alex could make out what the device, but the other two couldn't. To them, it just looked like some messy contraction Alex had just whipped up in an hour.

"Really, Strip? I told you what it was when you first got here!" Shortly, both brothers began bickering. As, any siblings did. Leaving Ophelia, staring at the two of them with a straight face. They really had not changed, over the years. Both, were equally as bad as each other.

"Would you two, please give it a rest? We're gonna be late, if the two of you keep on goin' the way you are." The blue mustang groaned, rolling her eyes. Causing, the two of them to fall silence. Both, letting out a sigh. The both of them, really needed to chill out just a bit.

"Lia's right, we came here to see if you wanted to tag along with us Al. We're heading down to the race track, I gotta get some practice in before the next race." 

"Plannin' on taking home yet another piston cup, hey Stripy?"

Strip let out a chuckle, he loved when his brother asked that. He always thrived to do his best, always thinking of gold. However, if he didn't get the pistol cup, he wouldn't be torn up about it. But, if he was serious in continuing his amazing legacy that he had going, then he'd definitely need to keep aiming higher. "You know it."

The three cars finally made their way down to the racetrack. A bunch of other cars around them, some were training, getting some of their parts checked out, while others hung back on the sidelines. Most of them, being the sponsors. Watching, how the car they'd agree to take on board were going.

"This is where you get to train?" Ophelia asked, blown away by how big the place was. The track was bigger then the one back home! No wonder why, Strip always spoke so highly about the track whenever the two lovers were on the phone to each other.

"Sure is, I've been here for a couple of weeks training in the early hours of the mornin' and evenin'. The race is next week, but I'm more then prepared for it." Strip gloated, feeling a bit too confident about the upcoming race. He had the race, that was for sure. But, would his cockiness get the better of him this time around?