"Work for me and I will clear your name, is what that shrimp said."

Sarv held both of my cheeks with her palms. She didn't age one bit. "You've gotten fatter," she said, completely ignoring what I just told her.

I narrowed my eyes. "Excuse me? There's not much grub to ingest when you're once a dangerously lethal criminal."

Sarv pulled my head to her neck. I allowed her as I lowered down to her height. "Ex-convict. Five years isn't so long huh? Look at you, you've got a little broader. Certainly not stronger than me but we can test that."

I inhaled her scent as I carried her into the hug. God, she smelled wonderful. I could do this all day. I didn't care anymore about who was powerful in this relationship. So long as we have each other.

"Five years is long," I said, noticing I was wearing the orange jumpsuits the prison tailored. We were still near the station and I wanted nothing more than to eat away my day with Sarv. "Come with me, please?"

She kissed my cheek, hugging me tightly again. "As you wish, I got your clothes right here in my parcel."

"Don't treat my clothes like goods." 

Sarv laughed.

Getting out of that cell troubled me for some reason. I was used to walking in and out of that thing to get food from the cafeteria. Sleeping in it, meditating, thinking about Sarv. I did a lot of things inside there that it was almost mindboggling I had to leave it all behind. 

However, it's been a long time since I've seen purple and orange skies. The old Ruv wouldn't care but I had changed. I'm certain I did. I know there are still a lot of people who despise me. I didn't want to be dumb either and visit them. Sometimes the best way to seek repentance is to just improve in time. I doubt they'd want to see me. 

Sarv and I settled for a noodle shop. Being around other people did make me a bit uncomfortable. I felt a hand touch my thigh from underneath the table. She really knew how to be supportive for times like these. 

"So, bigshot, how's it like being in prison for five years?" she asked, patting my thigh.

"Sanitary concerns were complex. Daily brawls happened. When you get on the cafeteria ladies' good side, they'll sneak in another bread or two in lunchtime."

"Ho?" Sarv crossed her arms. "And who might these ladies be? You get so elated over a few buns from some average-looking women. Should I order a truckload of them for you to be over the moon?"

"Sarv, they're elders. You don't have to be jealous. I was simply describing my life in confinement."

"Hm?! Why do you feel the need to stress out their seniority to me? Are you that familiar with them? Me? Jealous? How absurd!"

"There's no one but you that I think about strongly,"

"Eh?!" Her cheeks released fumes upon my statement, her mouth in squiggles. She looked down on the floor, rubbing her fingers together. "That's so like you Ruv, to change the tide of the conversation with a powerful blow."

"It's true nonetheless."

She was wonderfully, splendidly, enjoyably, absolutely cute. 

"Can we make out when we get home?" I teased. Her cheeks were close to forming magma. In truth, I was highly curious how our house has withstood over the years. Did she add some stuff to my room? The last time I was inside it, the place was the embodiment of nothingness.

She slapped my chest, hitting me with her enclosed fists as she pouted. 

"I'm kidding. We'll obviously do that another time. There's something I do have to tell you though."