𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

Start from the beginning

At the sound of the door opening, Cora raised her head and placed her eyes on her professor— watching as he confidently walked over to his table and took a seat.

She brought her eyes back to the paper and continued thoroughly answering each question — keeping in mind that having nothing to do in detention was much more boring than working on something.

And suddenly, her nose picked up the smell of peppermint and alcohol, her body instantly going stiff and the quill in her hand dropping.

Peppermint mixed with the smell of a alcohol was her father's smell. The same one she smelled as a child and a few weeks ago.

"Something wrong, Cora?" Snape asked, his eyes landing on the quill before raising them on her pale face, staring deep into her as if he was trying to read her.

Her eyebrows furrowed at the strange words that had left the professor's words. He had never called her by her first name. In fact, she had never heard him call any student by their first name.

"No, everything's fine, sir." She assured him and partly assured herself as well.

At times she could smell her father's scent even though he wasn't around her and she was sure that this was one of those times.

"Cheating on a test, really? I thought you were better than that but people always seem better than how they actually are. Isn't that right?"

Cora's features instantly furrowed in confusion and she uncomfortably shifted in the seat.

"I didn't get detention because I cheated on a test. I received detention because I was late to your class."

At her words, the professor's expression slightly dropped and he looked down at the table, a small chuckle leaving his lips which echoed throughout the room.

Draco had lied about why she had received detention.

She attentively observed as the professor nod his head and brought his eyes back to her, her eyes dropping down to his hands at the eye contact — she was now skeptic.

As she sat there, looking at his hands, her eyes caught the ring placed on one of his fingers. The same one that belonged to her father.

And suddenly, she felt her heart and everything around her stop.

Polyjuice.

Hearing only the rapid rhythm of her heartbeat, she roughly placed the palm of her hands on the table and stood from the chair she was sitting on — her legs becoming shaky and feeling numb.

She fearfully ran over to the door and abruptly stopped at the sight of the door coming towards her, the door roughly shutting inches away from her.

"No," she whispered as she shook her head and desperately moved the doorknob. "Help me!" She yelled out before whimpering in pain and collapsing to the floor.

She had just gotten cursed.

She didn't know what curse she was casted with but what she did know was that she was in excruciating pain.

She could sense liquid behind her head and body so she diffidently looked down and slightly gasped at the sight of blood in her robes.

The floor under her was now a puddle of blood. She was losing blood and she was slowly losing herself as well.

"You can't escape me," he said with a deep voice and walked over to her, his large body towering over a small one compared to his. "It doesn't matter if you're miles away from me, I will find you. And when I do, I will make sure to torture you until you beg me to kill you."