Chapter 10 | Bad tension

I walked to work. I knew my bearings by now so I could tell where Junk N' Stuff was in an instant.

I walked past the bush I was dragged into yesterday, you knew it was the one as there is a man shaped hole in it.

I opened the store door hearing the dinosaur roar and the bell ring, I headed for the elevator.

I pressed the button, I was slightly getting used to the dramatic drop, but I still screamed like an idiot.

I entered the man cave, lying on the elevator floor, though.

I saw Henry, Ray, and Charlotte sitting on the couch eating Chip N' Dip.

"Great." I thought sarcastically.

"Hey Al!" Said Henry. "Good morning!"

"Hey!" I replied. I placed my bag in the backroom.

"I saw you on the news earlier." I said. "Did you need me at all?"

"Ohhh it was nothing." Ray interrupted. "It was something me and Henry could handle by ourselves, we were going to call you but we finally got the criminals."

I saw Charlotte giving me a death stare from the corner of my eye. She was eating a chip slowly whilst looking like she was going to kill me.

I looked at her then looked back at Ray. "Hmmm, okay."

I walked over to the Auto-Snack. It was my first time using it.

If you don't know what the Auto-Snack is, it's where you can ask it for whatever type of food you want, pizza, chocolate, anything your heart desires and it will give it to you in an instant.

I placed my hand on the sign.

"Give me... nachos and cheese."

"Nachos and cheese" The auto-snack replied in a robotic female voice.

I took the nachos and cheese out the auto snack and sat down with Ray, Henry and Charlotte. I placed my food on the table.

"So, tell me the whole story of what happened again, for future purposes, you know, so I know what type of stuff you deal with."

Ray and Henry then began to explain about what happened. Interrupting eachother most of the time and laughing, it seemed like so much fun.

"My day will come" I kept saying in my head repeatedly. "My day will come".

Charlotte was giving me death stares, I knew something bad was going to happen, but I didn't want to tell Ray or Henry, as they will probably believe Charlotte over me in situations like this. As they've known her for longer. They probably wouldn't believe me on how she dragged me in a bush late at night either.

Ray and Henry finally finished their story.

"Oh! I almost forgot." Ray said.

He went to get something out the draw near the tubes.

"Here." He threw me a gumball tube. "An extra gumball tube in case you lose the other one or run out of gumballs."

"Thanks! I replied."

As I caught the tube the emergency button rang, when it beeps the whole mancave's lights turn red.

Ray runs to the screen, where he responds to emergencies.

"Uh oh, looks like there's a robbery at the local glass shop."

"I can do it I can do it!" I yelled. "Oh please let me go, I need to prove myself to you guys, I know what I'm doing!"

"Okay, fine." Ray replied. "Call us if you need us."

"Will do!" I said, in a exited tone.

I stood on the logo on the floor like Henry and Ray do when they transform.

I chewed a gumball and transformed into my super suit.

I ran to the elevator.

"Wrong way, Al!" Henry called. We use the tubes for emergencies.

"Got it!" I responded, making my way up the steps and into the tube.

"You press the buckle on your belt and shout 'up the tube' to activate the tube suckage."

"Okay!"

I pressed my buckle and shouted "up the tube!" It felt like I was flying.

I waved to Henry and Ray, I saw Charlotte had a smirk on her face. Not a nice smirk, but a horrible, nasty one. I didn't let that get to me though, it was my moment.

My moment had came, I had my first mission.