आत्मसमर्पण

"Dixit it's been 4 days since we set up those camps. Affected people are not showing up" Gurmeet said.

"Sir, I think they are scared. Why will they believe us?" Dixit said.

"I am done Dixit. Maine in logoke liye itna sab kiya aur inko dekho" Gurmeet was angry.

Brigadier Dixit understood his anger. He kept quiet for a moment and continued "Sir I think it's a good sign. You wanted them to fear you."

"I know. But now what? International level pe hame bahot praise kiya sabne in camps ke liye ab agar sabko pata chalega ki camps me koi aa hi nahi raha hai to?" Gurmeet asked.

"We don't know, sir" Dixit lowered his eyes.

A man entered and saluted Gurmeet. "Major Vihaan Dixit is on the line sir"

Gurmeet picked up the phone. "Yes Major Vihaan"

"Jai hind, sir. I am waiting for your orders for this secret mission. I have Aarushi Tiwari and Ranveer Deshpande with me. What am I supposed to do with them If I am to join you in the government?" Vihaan asked.

"I want you here Vihaan. Anyway the Pranav Tiwari thing is way back in past now. You can kill both of them" Gurmeet said.

Vihaan was stunned. "What?"

"Yes. We don't need them. They both can be dangerous." Gurmeet said.

"Sir.. That's.. We don't need to kill them" Vihaan was trembling. "Sir. We are army officers. People trusts us. We are not murderers" 

"Major Vihaan" Gurmeet raised his voice. "You have a duty towards Army and the nation. Yeh dono log iss desh ki shaanti ko bhang kar sakte hai. They are not innocents. Do your duty. Do as I say. Pick up your gun and kill them"

Gurmeet disconnected the line. Vihaan was shocked. He saw his gun lying on the table.

****

Himani decided to step out of the house before night curfew. Every night at 7 pm a siren used to wail to alert people about Curfew timings. After the siren no one was allowed to go out of their houses. Army patrolling cars used to be the only vehicles on the road.

She decided to meet Sumedh. It was the hardest time for their relationship. They weren't able to talk to each other over phones. Stepping out of the house was very risky. Army patrolling crews used to stop people on every corner.

People had almost stopped going out at night. Himani was the daughter of a Brigadier so she had this luxury of driving a car around neighborhood without getting questioned. She decided to use this advantage and meet Sumedh.

She made sure her father is not at home and told her mother. Her mother was skeptical at first but Himani pursued her. She packed a lunchbox for Sumedh as she knew he was not getting proper meals.

Himani drove her car towards his house. The site was very disturbing. Whole city was empty and dirty. Dry leaves were flying everywhere. Army cars were parked around every corner. Suddenly all buildings were looking old. Walls were painted by propaganda images of 'The Great Soldier' General Gurmeet.

Around Sumedh's house the sites were more horrifying. Many buildings and houses were burned down in the riots. Ashes were mixed in the air. She saw many half burned personal belongings of people lying on the roads. Innumerable people had to fly away from their people of their own country. Leaving behind their homes and everything they had.

Himani remembered the dystopian movies she used to watch. But watching dystopia in real life was quiet difficult.

She saw Sumedh's house. It was looking different because of not proper cleaning and maintenance. She entered from main gate and walked towards main door.