𝐉𝐀𝐊𝟐 | 𝟎𝟓

Start from the beginning

I left Kailani with him all the damn time.

How many times could something like this have happened?

I couldn't even fully begin to process what was taking place as more bullshit began unfolding.

His shoulders raised up and slowly dropped back down as his attention fell back to his phone.

"She can't be far."

"Far?! Ny'Air she is only ONE year old."

I bucked at him, dropping all the shit in my hands on the table, just as I was about to bust him in his shit a deep voice came from behind us.

"Say, fuck my daughter doing around this bitch by herself?"

My heart dropped to my ass and the world began spinning around me.

This can't be happening.

·····•·····

✑ ᴮᵃᵗᵒⁿ ᴿᵒᵘᵍᵉ, ᴸᴬ

Yasmin 🈳

Tears filled my eyes as I watched smoke blow out of my mouth, meeting the cold winter air.

I had just made it home from school which was about a twenty minute walk from my house.

I flopped down onto the worn leather recliner that was in our living room.

"I ain't use to all this walking."

I mumbled to myself as I kicked off my Jordan 12's.

I missed my car more than anything in the world but that car was in Ben's name.

And at the moment, I don't want any ties to him - or his bum ass friend Top.

I never liked to depend on folks for shit anyways, that's just the kind of bitch I am.

I jumped hearing the alarm on my phone go off.

I had the alarm set so I knew what time to head outside and wait for Nuni, Nyah, and Aiydens school bus to arrive.

If I were to be a minute late, I knew the preschool wouldn't hesitate to call CPS on us.

We had no more chances left.

No room for excuses, mistakes, or fuck ups.