𝟎𝟏

"𝙁𝙐𝘾𝙆 𝙔𝙊𝙐, 𝙎𝙃𝘼𝙔!"

I heard him downstairs hollering at my mother followed by something beating against the walls hardly, sending items crashing to the floor. I covered my ears trying to block the noise out but it was no use. My heart was racing a mile - a minute and I physically felt sick to my stomach. I began to say a few silent prayers to god to watch over myself and of course to save my mother from this man and her alcohol addiction.

"𝘉𝘢𝘣𝘺..—"

I heard her start attempting to calm him, though that never worked, I rolled my eyes, though she couldn't see it.

"𝘿𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙗𝙖𝙗𝙮 𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙩 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙢𝙚!"

He would holler back, I could hear him pacing back and forth on the hard wood flooring that lined the floor all through our living room . I could hear his work boots squeaking against the floor, it must have been raining out.

"𝙀𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙄 𝙠𝙞𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙗𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙙 𝙤𝙪, 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙡𝙚𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙪𝙥𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙞𝙧𝙨 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣.."

Who is this nigga calling a whore? I havent so much as let a man see me naked! And calling my brother Three a bastard? Yeah, he gots us fucked up!

"𝙂𝙚𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙨𝙩𝙤-"

Was all my mom managed to get out before he struck her, I gasped hearing how loud the connection was as my mom began to wheep out shortly after. Now it was I who began to pace around inside my bedroom. If I called the police, he would just scare my mother into sending them away calling it all a big "misunderstanding" and then he'd pretend to be sweet for a couple days, before doing it all over again. I heard a loud noise and couldn't make it out —

Snapping my eyes open I quickly looked around, soon realizing it was just my alarm on my phone going off and I was no longer under my mothers care. My eyes made their way around my bedroom. I was now staying with my brother Three. Must've just been another nightmare, I thought aloud before grabbing my phone off the nightstand and unplugging it from my charger as I clicked to shut the annoying ass alarm off. It was for me to get ready for school and one thing about me — I absolutely despised school. I go to Elk Grove High. It's a pretty okay School for being in the hood but I still couldn't stand getting up and going to be around a bunch of immature kids, and more now these days since Three wasn't around anymore. He never graduated but instead gave up on repeating. Three had went to the same high school as me until last year when he was twenty. Three isn't dumb, he just never attended and Elk Grove has a stupid attendance rule where you can't miss more than twenty days in a school year or you won't graduate - and somehow every year, Three had to miss more than that number. Three was always on my ass about going to school and passing.

"𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙤 𝙙𝙤 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙢𝙚 𝙤𝙧 𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙖𝙣𝙜."

"𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙗𝙚𝙖𝙪𝙩𝙞𝙛𝙪𝙡 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙙𝙤 𝙖𝙣𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙥𝙪𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙈𝙖𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙨𝙞𝙖, 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙙𝙤 𝙣𝙤 𝙨𝙩𝙪𝙥𝙞𝙙 𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙩 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙛𝙪𝙘𝙠 𝙪𝙥 𝙮𝙤 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙩 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙨."

His voice played in my head. Three was like the father I never had and a big brother all in one. We were the only stable person one another had, aside from the gang of boys he hung with growing up and our grandparents. I sighed, breaking myself from my thoughts and pushing myself to get out of bed. Deciding to just do something simple today. It wasn't like I had nobody to impress at school anyways. I didn't like the boys who were my age, sure they were cute but definitely not for me. They all did the same shit and acted immature, I couldn't stand that! I walked over to my dresser, pulling out a black crop top and some black jeans to go with it, deciding to just leave my hair down. Pulling out my phone and snapping a quick picture for my Instagram.

 Pulling out my phone and snapping a quick picture for my Instagram

@𝗡𝗕𝗔_𝗟𝗔𝗬
𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎𝚜 🖤

𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 @𝐍𝐁𝐀𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬

@𝘑𝘶𝘴𝘵𝘑𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘦: 𝚈𝙴𝚂𝚂𝚂 𝙱𝙸𝚃𝙲𝙷 😍
@𝘖𝘨_3𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦: 𝙳𝚒𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚠𝚊𝚜𝚑 𝚢𝚘 𝚊𝚜𝚜?