The Team Rocket grunts under his command weren't that far out. They were actually just outside the city limits, waiting for his order to invade.

He went floor by floor, make sure it was clear of possible trouble.

Espeon trailed behind him silently as they climbed.

Finally, they reached the top floor.

He checks the stairs behind him once more before using the keycard to open the door.

He crouches, walking in quietly.

He hears muffled voices and Espeon stops walking.

Its whiskers and tail twitch and it closes its eyes, sensing the people next door.

Once it opens its eyes, it nods once at its trainer, signaling that it was enough for them to handle.

He rests his back against the wall, carefully checking around the corner for people.

He turns the corner, silently making his way towards the office.

Once he reaches the entrance, he swips the keycard.

The door slides open.

The voices fall silent and one asks, "Is someone there?"

He turns to his Espeon, nodding once.

Its eyes and gems glow and the lightbulbs explode, causing glass to rain down on them. The people inside begin to panic.

Espeon uses Psychic once more to keep itself and its trainer safe.

He finally turns the corner, with Espeon's glowing eyes and gem lighting the room up minimally.

The three people cower together near the couch inside the office.

He frowns, raising an arm to point at the PC in the corner.

He didn't need to explain. The older man - the President of Silph Co. - shakily holds out his card.

The trainer snatches it and once again turns to his Espeon, gesturing with his hand towards the three.

"Espe!" the Pokémon once again uses Psychic, and lifts the trio, sending them flying towards the wall behind them and effectively knocking them out.

The trainer places a hand on top of Espeon's head in praise before turning to the PC and quickly unlocking it.

He reaches to the side of his belt, where his Pokégear was.

He presses the small button on the side and merely says, "Done."

"Well done," the voice of Giovanni rips through the static. "Very well done, indeed."

He puts the Pokégear up and closes his eyes when he hears a recognizable voice.

"Well, well. Imagine seeing you here."

The trainer and Espeon turn around to see a familiar face.

The trainer standing opposite him had light orange spiky hair - spikier than his own. He had matching amber eyes. He wore tan cargo pants and a brown bely. He had a dark gray jacket, which had a collar that folded over it neatly and a white undershirt. He had matching gray running shoes and a necklace hanging from around his neck.

He gives a smug smile.

The trainer with the Espeon frowns.

He definitely didn't see this coming. And from the looks of it, neither did his Espeon.