Taehuyng's face fell at that information, thinking back at his friends in the pack. Jin, Namjoon, Beomgyu...

"We could escape due to the hassle that was going on," Yoongi explained further, seeing Taehyung's sour expression. "But Jin and Namjoon couldn't make it."

"Fuck," the trueblood muttered under his breath. "I'm so sorry, guys, I-"

"Don't be sorry!" Jimin interrupted. "It was our decision to leave. We didn't want to stay there after seeing what the Head Alpha had pulled. Just tell us what the fuck was going on. I don't understand anything!"

Taehyung gaped. "I-I..."

To be honest, he had no clue either. He glanced at the young omega, his body tightly pressed another alpha. 

Jungkook probably sensed all the attention moving on him and raised his head up, blinking his eyes so innocently. Though, Taehyung knew he wasn't as innocent as he looked like.

Finally, what seemed like an eternity, he parted his lips and said in a tiny voice. "He wanted to kill us."

A small break followed in which everyone intensely stared at the young boy. Then, Jimin snapped. "Really? No fuck, Sherlock!"

"No, I mean-" Jungkook licked his bottom lip, untangling himself from Hoseok's embrace, hugging himself instead. "That was his plan all along. He has always wanted to kill us."

He looked at Taehyung. "Ever since you came back, he was thinking of ways to get rid of you. He never wanted you back. You were too strong and independent for his taste. My father loves wolves who blindly follow all his instructions, never question him. Who he can control. But you are a trueblood, he could never have controlled you. He thought he would keep you nearby and when you turn 20, he will end you. He never wanted you to make that vow."

His voice silenced, his gaze falling down to the floor before continuing.  "Killing a trueblood isn't easy, my dad was aware of that too. He didn't know how to- you know, until you told him we are fated... that solved his problem. Marrying me off to Hoseok would basically mean a rejection which you wouldn't have survived."

"But..." Taehyung tried to gather his fuzzy thoughts in order. "But that would have killed you too!"

Jungkook let out a dry chuckle. It wasn't a light one, it was pained. "Yeah, two in one. He wanted to kill me too. Though he didn't intend it to happen so soon, but since I was already dying he thought I could be of no use anymore."

He shrugged his shoulders as if it was nothing but everyone else's jaw dropped to the floor in the room. Even Hoseok's. So he didn't know about this either.

"My dad hates omegas," Jungkook reminded them. "I wouldn't even be here today if it wasn't for Junghyun."

"Junghyun?" Jimin asked in confusion. "What does he has to do with anything?"

Jungkook sighed, probably tired of all the explanations but he still carried on. "Junghyun... he saved me."

The omega's gaze stared into emptiness, deeply lost in his own memories. "My dad brought me home with the hope that his genes are strong enough to produce another Jeon alpha. I was a male so it was unlikely for me to become an omega. He wanted to strengthen his legacy with me. But I was born as an omega. He was furious-"

"Wait, wait, wait!" Jimin raised his hands up. "What do you mean by 'brought you home'?"

Jungkook blinked at him a couple of times, not understanding his question. "I mean exactly what I said."

"Yeah, yeah, but you're saying this like you weren't born at home."

"Yes, because I wasn't," Jungkook said, matter-of-factly. "I was born in Ulsan."