Behind them, Namjoon jogged after the two, pushing the younger by his back. They were leading him towards the hall but Taehyung only realized that when they arrived. The lobby wasn't full but some werewolves did come to see their favorite couple's wedding. 

The three of them joined the scarce crowd and once they found a perfect spot from where they could see everything, Taehyung's gaze immediately fell on Jungkook. The boy was standing on the top of the stairs, looking like a walking corpse. 

His bloody clothes were replaced with traditional deeply cut, white attire - similar to the one Jimin wore at his wedding - but even that didn't hide the fact that Jungkook barely stood on his feet. The boy's ashy skin was whiter than usual and his usually pink lips were now wrapped in a sick, blue color. His blind gaze stared blankly into pure nothingness. 

Next to him, Hoseok didn't look much better. Traces of Taehyung's fist slowly began to appear on his face in the form of a swollen bottom lip and a black eye. He couldn't stop shaking as his gaze was practically glued to Jungkook's neck.

Seokjin really gave his best but Jungkook's mark still looked awful. The bite turned into a blackish color, poison green lines making their way under Jungkook's skin in every direction. 

Blood infection, Taehyung realized.

Between the two of them stood the Head Alpha, smiling happily at the crowd, not mining at all that his son was barely alive. Taehyung really wanted to climb up the stairs and wipe that cocky smirk off his face with a well-aimed punch. He wanted to hit him until the man couldn't move anymore and take Jungkook to somewhere safe. 

"He's not serious, right Jinnie?" Namjoon's uncertain voice sounded behind the younger. "It would kill Jungkook."

Seokjin didn't answer and his silence also brought fright to Taehyung. He somehow felt like the man could do it. Although he himself also didn't understand why he wanted to kill his only heir at all costs, he somehow felt he would be able to do so. He would be able to force a marriage on Jungkook and Hoseok here and now, which would also involve another bite. In conclusion, Jungkook would die.

Taehyung had to prevent that somehow. He couldn't act recklessly, though. In an open place like the hall, he couldn't go straight up to the Head Alpha. Not, when so many other pack members were here as well. Taehyung wouldn't be able to handle them all.

He slowly made his way through the crowd, all the way to the elevators. He rarely used them, being afraid to get trapped but now he had no other choice. To be able to approach the scene from behind, he needed to get into one of the cabins.

He pushed all the buttons, increasing his chances to get inside more quickly. As he impatiently counted the floors with the elevators, he heard the Head Alpha starting his usual monologue. "Good morning, everyone! It's a pleasure to see how many of you came even in such an early hour. The boys are so happy."

Taehyung gritted his teeth. He knew for a fact that Hoseok was everything but happy and probably Jungkook wasn't feeling exactly comfortable either. Such lies.

One of the elevators, accompanied by a soft 'ding', finally arrived and Taehyung was ready to sprint in as the doors slid open at an easy pace. Unfortunately, the two people inside were in the way of the boy.

Jimin and Yoongi jumped back when they recognized the trueblood. They held a silent staring content for a good few seconds before Jimin hurriedly pulled the boy inside the elevator. He was the first one who recovered from their momentary stupor. 

"Thank God, you're alive," he hugged him while Yoongi made the doors closed again.

As soon as the hustle and bustle coming from outside were replaced by the soft jazz music that filled up the whole cabin, Jimin broke. The small beta harshly pushed Taehyung away and gifted him with a murderous glare - it was one of Jimin's specialties.