"If his fated mate - in this case, you - bites him, the bond connecting the two of you would give him enough strength to recover," Namjoon explained and Jin nodded in agreement.

Taehyung gave himself some time to let that information sink in. When he fully processed, he snapped at the two in anger. "Seriously? And you're telling me this now? I could've saved him hours ago!" 

Seokjin tightened his grip on the trueblood's shoulder to keep him back. The boy was ready to jump out of the infirmary and go after the omega. "I needed to treat him before burdening his body with another bite. Marking is onerous. But he should be fine now. I tried my best."

Taehyung gave a brief nod before trying to leave again. He was already halfway out the door when Namjoon's voice held him back. "You should also know the Head Alpha was here too."

This finally caught the attention of the young alpha. Curious, he turned back and looked questioningly at the couple, referring them to continue. Jin and Namjoon shared a hesitant look before they started.

"Well, Jungkook was already gone by the time he got here," Jin explained. 

"He wanted to take him but was too late," Namjoon nodded along.

"Yeah, he didn't seem too happy about it."

"Murmured something about how he has to be fast."

"The point is, he looked super pissed."

"And he's after Jungkook and Hoseok as well."

"You should be careful."

The Head Alpha wanting to get rid of him was nothing new to Taehyung. He finally snapped out of his pink bubble where he thought the man was a saint. He was far from it, just like Jungkook tried to warn him before.

Taehyung could finally see that and was determined to get his mate out of this place. He saved a last glance at the couple, feeling bad he couldn't save them too. 

Jin and Namjoon helped him a lot but they were already full members of the pack, he couldn't get them out so easily. Even with Jungkook alone, it will be a hard ride. 

He pulled a weak smile,  already feeling the bittersweet taste of goodbye. This was the end. "Thanks, guys."

The betas returned the small gesture, beaming at the trueblood wholeheartedly. "Go get him!"

Taehyung couldn't have been more grateful. He was just about to turn around and leave the infirmary when a familiar voice resonated in his head. He looked at the other two, reading from their faces that they also heard the Head Alpha rasping in their minds.

Good morning, folks! I'm more than happy to announce that my dear son and his chosen one decided to rebook their wedding for today. If you feel like it, come to the hall and witness how two young souls finally connect to each other.

Taehyung's jaw dropped. He honestly didn't know what to think. The Head Alpha took his breath away and not in a good way.

He gazed at the others in despondency. Jin and Namjoon were just as shocked as he was, staring at each other with bulging eyes, trying their best to process what they heard.

It looked like Taehyung was too late and the man found Jungkook sooner than he did.

Eventually, Seokjin's iron grip pulled him back to the cruel present. He clenched his lower arm and dragged him out of the infirmary. The beta tried to run but Taehyung was too numb, too appalled to keep up with his space. He let himself be tugged across the corridor, holding Seokjin back as well.