calm before the storm

Start from the beginning

"That's good, but Thor, he has an army and his followers, Strange has told me about his children, Black Dwarf was one of them," Loki said. "Two of them have attacked Midgard. And millions of the Chituari will be under Thanos' command."

Thor looked at him with a determined look and said, "Fear not, brother. Often times it is not numbers that win the victory, but those who fare forward with the most vigor." they were the same words their father used to tell them when they were young. "I assure you that we will win against him and he shall be slain."

................................

"What are you wearing?" Loki asked, curiously, when he saw Wanda's new costume, she was wearing a black and red horned headband and red and black armour. Wanda blushed, but it was her brother who answered.

"Your sister took us shopping," Pietro grumbled. "Saying that this is what the scarlet witch should wear."

"Hela! You were supposed to gather the Asgardians." Loki looked at his sister in bewilderment. "Not go shopping."

"It was necessary." Hela shrugged as if it was not a big deal. "And about the Asgardians, they are ready to shed some blood, my dear brother," she smirked.

And Loki just sighed.

.............................

It was in the early morning when Heimdall called for a meeting in the throne room. He didn't want to waste any time because Thanos was approaching.

The royal Asgardian family was all wide awake, Hela was standing next to Valkyrie, it appeared that they were best friends when they were young. Pietro and Wanda were standing awkwardly next to them. Tyr; the general of the Asgardians army was there too. The kings of Jötunheimr, Alfheim, and Vanaheim were there and also the representatives of Muspelheim. Sif and the warriors three were standing near the royal family of Asgard. Everyone was nervous about this meeting.

"The enemy is near," Heimdall said, and that snapped everyone from their thoughts. "I believe Thanos will be here at down"

"And how will he be coming?" A tired voice said, and everyone turned their head to the source of the voice.

"Husband," Frigga said, moving to assist her husband towards his throne, and on his way to the throne, he smiled at his sons and looked at his daughter, his eye was full of sorrow and regret but Hela looked at the ground, she doesn't know if she will ever forgive her father.

"Heimdall," Odin said when he sat on the throne. His trustful gatekeeper bowed to him, but Loki was the one who answered.

"By opening a portal," Loki said, tensely. "He has stolen the Tesseract."

Odin sighed. "Do we have any infinity stones?" he asked.

"We only have time and reality stones, my king." Heimdall. "I saw the guardians of the galaxy warning the Midgardians that Thanos has the soul stone."

"And where will he attack?" Fryer, the king of Alfheim asked.

"My prince," Heimdall said, looking at Loki, who nodded at him.

Loki conjured an image of Asgard with his magic and enlarged on a place. It was near the Bifrost. "Heimdall is sure that the portal will appear in front of the Bifrost," Loki said.

"And do you know who his army is?" Helblindi, the king of Jötunheimr was the one who asked. Odin was surprised upon seeing the Jotuns but with a look from his wife, he didn't say anything.

"The Chitauri," Loki answered. "A powerful, reptilian warrior race, a hybrid between organic beings and machines. They are controlled by a mother ship that never shows on the battlefield and acts as one during the war. They have superhuman physical attributes, superior strategy, and, but their main strength is in their great numbers." Loki continued. It was what Dr. Strange had told him.

"But we have defeated them on Midgard," Thor said.

"We didn't fight the whole army, Thor," Loki replied.

"General Tyr, order our forces to be ready and assemble at the place that my son has shown us," Odin ordered his general who bowed and left the throne room.

"Father, I have something to say," Loki said and Odin nodded at his son.

"Fandral, You will be sent to Midgard and inform Dr. Stephan Strange to gather Midgard forces to fight with us," Loki said.

Fandral bowed. "Yes, my prince," he said. Loki has accepted his apology after the dark elves' defeat.

"I apologize for what I have done. It was not my intention for all of this to happen." Fandral has said. "I wish everything will return to how it was."

"Fandral, you were one of the few people who defend me and I will never forget this," Loki replied. "Perhaps I will accept your apology but I need time." he continued before leaving.

But after two days, Fandral found Loki talking to him again.

"Now what?" Pietro asked when only he, Wanda, Loki, and Thor remained in the throne room.

"Now we wait."

..........................

"I knew that I would find you here, brother," Thor said softly, as he sat on the stone bench which is situated under their childhood tree. And he waited for some seconds to pass, then he continued. "I want you to promise me that you won't do anything reckless in the battle, Loki."

"I can't promise you that," Loki said, looking at his brother's serious face. "I would do anything to win this battle and keep you safe."

"I don't want you to risk your life, Loki, and lose you."

"I assure you brother...... the sun will shine on us again."

"And you think that I want to lose you." Loki snapped at his brother.

Thor took Loki's wrist and guided his hand to his heart. "You know, I thought that my heart has stopped when I lost you before," Thor said, and then he grabbed his brother's neck gently to pull Loki closer to him and rest his forehead against his brother's. "I can't imagine a world with you gone, Loki."

"And I would be so lost if you left alone," Loki said gently. "I promise you to not risk my life for no reason. But If it comes to you or mother or father or even our sister, I can not promise you such a thing."

"Just like me,  I can not promise the same if it comes to any of you, brother," Thor said, and he was surprised when Loki pulled him into a tight embrace.