Chapter 10 - 'Baby Shark'

Start from the beginning

I put the bed back up, to have a good view of the TV screen in front of me.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y. can you show me all the Avengers here in the compound?"

The screen turns on and there they are, all the Avengers, minding their own businesses, unaware of what's coming at them. On which of them am I gonna play a prank, that is the question. Let's see... Oh, the golden boys of America, what a great idea. I mean they're clearly way too perfectly neat and tidy, to not be teased. Oh, wait how should I do? Natasha is currently with the boys. I must not forget I promised her, neither Scott nor I would play pranks on her, otherwise, we'll be in great trouble. I have to annoy the three boys scouts without bringing it on Natasha, or I can just warn her? Ooooh, time to plan now.

After a good hour of planning, I've come up with the perfect scheme. I just have to wish that Nat will catch the cue or I will have big problems. I'll have other ones to worry about at that time, lol. Let's the party begin!

"F.R.I.D.A.Y. is there currently music playing in the gym where Agent Romanoff is?"

"No, miss, would you like me to play some?"

"No need for that, but could you call Natasha's phone, let one dial tone ring and then hang up, and repeat that three times." As F.R.I.D.A.Y. do it, I watch out for Natasha reaction on the screen. With the first dial tone, they all stop in their tracks, wondering what's happening, and go check their respective phones. They soon realise it's Natasha's and go back to sparring. She tries to pick up the second call unsuccessfully. At the end of the last dial tone after F.R.I.D.A.Y. hung up, Nat's head shoots up, it seems as she has suddenly realized what happens. She signals the boys and leaves them.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y. may you notify Natasha that she can come to my room, and as for the gym, lock the door and blast the 'Baby Shark' song in it please, do not stop until I say so, thanks." I hope she has understood my clue, for the only other kind of encrypted language I know is Morse and Rogers and Barnes definitely know it, if not Wilson. They're World War Two soldiers, after all!

"Will do Miss, and Agent Romanoff tells me she is on her way."

I thank F.R.I.D.A.Y. and watch as Barnes and Rogers are startled by the suddenly loud music. They watch all around, wondering what's happening. Wilson, for his part, is frantically searching for an escape. He makes a run for the door when he hears the first notes of the tune. I burst out laughing on my bed when I see it. I even start to tear up. I wince at the sudden pain, this fucking stitches hurt, I can't even laugh, Goddammit. I am trying to steady my breathing and wipe my tears as Natasha enters.

"What are you up to? Why did you send a 'something went sour' signal?", she asks me bewildered. "No, wait, how did you know the signal?"

"Well, one, the answer is on screen, live now", I wink, "two, to warn you, I didn't want to break my promise darn, and three, a lot of TV series."

She turns to the screen, and when she spots the guys she bursts laughing.

"Why is Sam going nuts before my eyes?"

"Well, guess we could say my music tastes are not to his liking", I answer with a smirk.

"What do you mean", she asks, eyes glistening.

"Maybe 'Baby Shark' is what I mean", I shrug with a smile.

"Oh no, you've not done that, have you?! He's gonna kill you! The last time he heard it, it remained stuck in his head for a week!"

"Oops", I say exaggeratingly, "to be frank, unless you tell him, he's never gonna find about who did this, I've erased my traces." I smile mischievously. "Do you think it's been enough, or should they stay in the room a little longer", I ask, turning back to the screen.

"What", she asks laughing, "do you mean they're locked in the room?"

"Yep, Stark didn't expressly forbid me to do that, so, here we are." I laugh but quickly wince at the pain. Natasha moves closer but I indicate to her that I'm fine.

"Oh, you're in trouble Inès, in great trouble." We both laugh. She asks to use my bathroom to take a quick shower. I agree and in the meantime, I continue watching the boys trying to get out of the room. It's very funny, watching three grown-up men, including two super-soldiers, panicking, because of a song and who struggle for dear life to open a door.

As Nat comes back from the bathroom I instruct, "F.R.I.D.A.Y. can you send to all the Avengers the footage of what is happening in the gym, thank you, oh and don't specify the sender." After that, I instruct the AI to stop the music and to only let the boys out if a mission order comes in or when Stark will return.

"They look real defeated, don't you think?"

"I have to admit it is entertaining to see them helpless", Nat replies. "But you're aware none of them is gonna let go of that? Well, maybe Steve but, I greatly doubt that Sam or more, Bucky is not gonna try and find who did this."

"You know what? I think I'm pretty safe knowing that you're not gonna give me away, Stark is way too busy to search for that and the others have not enough access to the system to have their answers, and even if Stark search he'll find that funny so, yeah I'm pretty safe." I give her a reassuring smile.