In The Eye Of The Beholder

Start from the beginning

"That? Oh, that was just a moment of weakness. It won't happen again-and yes." I uttered, hearing Dabi hum in genuine amusement for my antics.

He quickly brought his free hand up to his face, acting as if he was adjusting one of the staples on his cheek, in order to conceal the smile that wanted to curve on his lips.

"You're a quirky one, sunshine." He murmured warmly, clearing his throat a bit to get rid of the affection that unintentionally creeped into his voice.

I smiled softly at his words, knowing they were meant as a compliment coming from Dabi.

"Well, back 'atcha.'" I tried cooly, failing with a dorkiness that made Dabi and his clean cut face look up at the decorated ceiling when we descended the last stair.

"Ugh, hold on. Don't annoy me, yet. The night's only just started. At least let me drink first." He teased, causing me to laugh and let him lead as we made our way through the suffocating crowd of beautiful people.

For once, Dabi actually seemed to be following directions as he made the way to the assigned place him and I, along with Akio, all agreed to meet up. We came to this mansion together. It's only appropriate in the eyes of others that we're seen conversing with each other a bit, before I run off. Don't want to do anything out of the ordinary tonight.

That familiar head of hair came into view a few moments later as Dabi and I reached the assigned standing cocktail table. Akio had his back turned to us, resting his elbow against the table clothed table with his stance lined up in a way that let me know he was definitely flirting with someone.

Dabi smirked ferally at the sight, clearly having some obnoxious karma up his sleeve as he spoke loudly.

"Hey. Don't go giving another person crabs now, Lamp Shade. I still haven't forgiven you for last night." He chimed out snarky, lugging a harsh, mocking arm of friendship around Akio before grinning knowingly at the handsome guy he was flirting with.

I pressed my lips together at Dabi's way of messing with Akio, knowing he got to my best friend when his glowy orange eyes rolled in annoyance.

"A-Agh. He's kidding. Don't listen to him. He's not even all there, if you know what I mean. Cuckoo." Akio said to the man cooly, clearly trying to play off Dabi's cockblock.

But, his possible one night stand had already heard enough as he quickly grabbed his glass of champagne, briskly starting to retreat from the area as Dabi cackled rudely.

"Hey-Hold on, where are you going? He's kidding. He's-ahhh, you fucker..." Akio groaned lazily, quickly shrugging Dabi's arm off as he turned to face him in annoyance. "Can't a guy try to get laid in peace around here?"

"No. You deserve to be miserable for the rest of your life. And, anyways, that's for bugging the hell out of me at the club a few weeks ago." Dabi said bluntly, giving a proud look of glee when he saw how genuinely annoyed Akio was now.

The sexually frustrated bright man looked rather dull now as he took a dry sip of his champagne, mumbling curses under his breath about how much he hated Dabi.

I quickly made myself comfortable between my two friends, ruffling up Akio's hair encouragingly as I tried to hype him back up.

"Ahh, don't you worry about it, buddy. You're a beautiful man. You can easily find another..." I started off honestly, before I just couldn't resist adding on. "If a man doesn't love you for your crabs, he's not the one."

Dabi broke out into a genuine laugh now as Akio glared at me for my joke. But, even with the glare, his lips curled up in a smirk of fun, allowing me to squeeze hug him in giggling apology.