Shaking her head at her past antics, Anika continued to fiddle with her bracelets clasp. "Yes I was thinking of wearing it but I couldn't because of two reasons." Shivaay wordlessly took her hand and expertly fastened the clasp of the bracelet. "Reason no 1 was that I am no longer just Anika. I am Mrs Anika Shivaay Singh Oberoi, the eldest bahu of the Oberoi Khandaan and I don't want to embarrass anybody especially since I have an image to uphold. "she said while playfully poking Shivaays'chest.

Shivaay frowned at her words. This was exactly what he didn't want. Growing up as the eldest Oberoi of his generation, everyone around him had a load of expectations from him. Shivaay Singh Oberoi was everything they expected out of him but somewhere down the line he had forgotten his own true self. He was so invested in becoming what people wanted of him that he forgot who he was in the first place. This kind of life was exactly what he didn't want for Anika or Naira. He wanted them to be them, not pretend to be someone else ultimately forgetting who they were originally. Shivaay was just about to vocalize his thoughts when Anika silenced him with a finger on his lips.

"I know what you are going to say but let me tell you my second reason. Reason no 2 is that I may not know a lot about the Oberoi family but I know for a fact that every socialite from the business world will be in attendance. There will be a lot of press coverage and people will be curious about what we are wearing. So, I decided to wear one of the pieces from the collection that Jashn will be launching next month. There will be a general curiosity about my saree and that means *drumrolls please*, Free advertising "Anika finished with a beaming smile on her face.

Shivaay rolled his eyes at his wife's animated expressions. Her enthusiasm was contagious."Ohh. Smart plan I like it!!"

"Of course I am smart. After all I learnt from the best!" Anika explained and Shivaay felt a sense of pride.

"But on a serious note. These people are like vicious vipers. Today you may have to hear a lot of back handed comments from them. Ignore them and if it gets too much just give it back to them. Don't keep quiet just because you want to keep my image. You can chuck a glass of water over their heads for all I care."

"Relax Shivaay. It won't be as bad as you are imagining and besides, I have learnt to deal with such kind of people."

"I am not doubting you Anika but you have to realize that there is a difference today. All these years., you were just Anika but today you area part of the Oberoi family. That itself is reason enough for some of them to not like you."

"Exactly Shivaay. I am an Oberoi and this is our home ground. Nobody is that brazen to come to the Oberoi mansion and insult an Oberoi. Besides I have so many people around me. I have Badi maa, Pinky aunty, you, Gauri, Saumya and so many other. I am going to be fine."Shivaay knew that she had a point.This party was one of the best case scenarios for Anika's introduction to their circles. Even if it didn't guarantee a complete protection from the viciousness, it would act as buffer to soften out the harshness. The rest he knew his Paanika could handle.

Shivaay knew that everyone who walked in through the door would view Anika through a lens of their own prejudice once they come to know of her Naam Khoon Khandaan or the lack thereof. He too was a part of this very same circle and he knew that it was ingrained in their very being from childhood- the importance of Naam Khoon Khandan. If only they knew the real Anika they would be able to hate her.

"I know and I trust you Anni." Shivaay placed his hands on her shoulders." Waise, I have a fabulous backup plan. I will ask Khanna to arrange for some cow dung so that in case our plan A of chucking water over their heads doesn't work you can just throw a handful of gobar at them. What say?"

Anika burst of laughing at his absurd plans and Shivaay treasured that sound. He didn't know what would happen today but there was one thing he knew for sure, he would do anything to make sure that nobody robs this precious woman of her sunshine personality.