Chapter 11

Kyle's hand rested on her arm.

"The railing is more dangerous at times like this."

He did not lose his balance at all. Archel was startled by his touch and loosened her grip on the railing.

"Ah!"

Suddenly, the ship tilted again. Kyle caught her staggering body lightly. At last, she was getting farther away from the railing.

In a spur of the moment, she fell into Kyle's embrace, causing her body to stiffen up. She was unwittingly nervous.

"You look anxious as if I touched your hand indecently. Should I let go of your hand then?"

He was a man who could speak in a smooth voice even on a rocking ship. Meanwhile, Archel couldn't even open her lips as if she rode a horse running in a fast gallop.

Instead of answering, she held onto his arm. There was nothing to hold on to on this rocking ship anyway.

"I'm glad you're not backing away from this sicko's hand."

But she had no time to ask as to why the Duke of this country was calling himself a sicko.

-Dururu!

Suddenly her surroundings turned dark. Certainly, they were currently in the middle of the sea, but when she looked up, the sky wasn't visible anymore.

"Your Grace...!"

The clouds crowded around in the sky. To be exact, the surrounding sky was filled with dark clouds, quickly blocking out any light.

Then the lighting came along with the rain. The sun continued shining brightly above the sea not far from here, only the weather above the ship turned unusual.

-RROOAAARR!

Startled by the loud roar Archel unwittingly grabbed Kyle's arm once more, strong enough to leave nail marks on Kyle, but he only looked down at her hand without a word. Instead, his gaze was directed toward the sea.

To be exact, to the newly encountered enemy.

"It's a monster!"

A sailor quickly picked up a harpoon and rushed to the railing. It happened to be near where Archel and Kyle were.

"!"

His agility and the way he bent his body as he got nearer indicated that the sailor was a trained person. Pirates usually didn't receive training and acted like boorish mobs, but this sailor was completely different.

Rather, he was like a knight.

"Ha!"

The sailor held his harpoon, stepped on the railing and jumped up. He jumped as high as he could and thrust the harpoon into the monster's forehead.

-Kiiiiii-!

The monster's screech shook the deck. Archel covered her ears with her eyes still wide open. In fact, she already knew that monsters appeared near Zenat Island.

The monsters were powerful, so the Imperial Family granted the House of Zenat full authority to deal with the monsters. The ancestors of Zenat knew that it was unfair, but they couldn't refuse, so they started the pirate business and turned the crisis into an opportunity.

But she didn't know that the actual monster was this big and threatening.

-Kiiik-!

The harpoon with a string attached to it was pulled back strongly. The deck shook like crazy when the monster squirmed around. So Archel tightened her grip on Kyle's arm.