26. {lull}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

her crimped blonde hair with pink streaks was in her face as gioia trudged through the forest floor. her muddy combat boots were picking up leaves as she walked, forcing her to shake them off every few steps.

"sorry if i'm late, i didn't really plan on coming." gioia admitted with a sigh.

miguel turned around and when he saw the girl, his eyes widened. in less than two weeks, she was almost unrecognisable. however, her smile told him it was her.

"gb!" he stepped over to her and pulled her into an embrace.

"hi, miggy."

gioia hesitated before slowly putting her arms around him and patting his back. the second he pulled away, she was enveloped in another hug by aisha.

"hey girl."

"good to see you."

"good to have you back, gb." tory waved at the girl from her line.

"thanks tory." gioia nodded.

"sushi. glad you could finally join us." johnny gave her a curt nod and took a second to take in her appearance. "cool look."

"thank you, sensei."

"fall in." he ordered.

"you're with me." kresse said while handing her a red headband.

gioia saluted and made her way over to the other students. as she walked to them, they couldn't help but look confused, wondering if it was the same sweet girl they saw a while ago.

"i guess we both went through hair crisises, didn't we?" hawk joked from beside her after giving her a fist pump.

"very funny, hawk." she said his name with such force, his smirk fell, "ten dollars please."

"i didn't bring cash to the forest, sorry to break it to you." he told her.

"shame." gioia shook her head, "so what are we doing? we take the headbands however we want?"

"exactly." johnny nodded.

"great."

"hey guys, sorry i'm late." raymond jogged over to them, "traffic on the 118 was a real bitch."

gioia and aisha shared a look of disgust, before glancing back at the man.

"put coyote creek into the nav. nothing came up." he explained, although no one really cared.

"what have you done to yourself?" johnny asked him.

"oh, the... yeah, you know what, i just decided to flip the script, hawk-style." raymond told them as he took off his sunglasses, "oh? or should i say gioia-style?"