the meet cute

September 2019.

It was cold evening, the Sun was yet to set and the sky was still bright. The wind was blowing strongly . Mohena  had decided to eat her late lunch in the nearby park for a change. Dressed in red and black checkered flannel, and light blue jeans, Mohana, sat on a bench nearby from where she could watch kids play on the swings and slides. They mayhem of kids distracted her from her inner conflict. She pulled out her Tupperware lunch box and started eating the instant ramen she had packed for her lunch. Cold noodles weren't her favorite, but she liked to sleep the extra 15 minutes, little more. She quickly gobbled down the food. She checked her clock ,it was still 5:45, she had enough time before she had to run back home and call her mom back in India.

Mohana was sitting and thinking of her time back in India, when she was still a child. She always wanted to leave and settle in Genovia. A country run by a lovely monarch where she could be openly sapphic and happy.

Mohena was still lost in her thought when a small boy, who might be 3 at oldest, ran to her and hid his face in her lap and was sobbing. The little boy instantly melted Mohana, and she started hushing and petting his head.

"Mumma, I hurt my small fingie, it hurts so much Mumma. Kiss it please" The boy raised his hand, giving it to Mohana, his head, still tuck in her lap.

Mohana kissed the finger better, and the boy calmed a little but was still crying. Mohena was about to ask the boy to move and go play when a woman, wearing similar clothes and of similar physical built ran her and lifted the boy in her arms. Mohana was about to grab hold the child but she heard the woman talk to the boy.

"Dumplings, are you okay?" The other woman asked the boy.

"Yes Mumma, can I please have some water?" The boy said

"Sure, baby" the woman responded and set the child on the bench, where Mohena was sitting. The woman was looking for a bottle in her huge handbag when the boy grew agitated and started to whine. Mohana, pulled her water bottle from her lunch bag and offered it to the boy. The drank water to his desire and ran back to play with his friends. The woman sat where her son was sitting.

"Sorry about earlier, Desi is might have confused you for me, I was sitting right there, but I went to take a call from my work. Thanks for handling him" The lady said.

"Oh, its completely fine, its no big deal. Plus Desi is such a sweetheart" Mohena replied.

"Oh thank you.....uh, sorry I didn't get your name" The lady replied.

"Well, thats because I didn't tell you. I am Mohana"

"Nice to meet you Moana, I am Rosanne" Rosanne said, mispronouncing Mohana's name.

"Nice to meet you too Rosanne, Cool outfit." Mohana said, in joking manner.

Both Mohana and Rosanne stared at each other for a fraction of a second and started laughing at the coincidence