6. Put Your Head on my Shoulder

Začať od začiatku

"I've never been on a date before" He admitted, his voice almost a whisper.

Klaus wasn't lying when he said that, him and Dave had never gone on a real date back in 1968. They couldn't have, not in public anyway. And back in 2019 he didn't go on dates, he just met people and either did drugs with them or had sex with them. So this was a first for him, and he was so nervous.

"Really?" Willow asked and he nodded in response, a nervous smile on his face. She bit her lip slightly, her eyes glancing down to Klaus's lips before looking back at his eyes.

"Well then, we better make it a good one, right?" Willow asked, leaning in to him as far as she could with the table between them.

"Can I take your orders?" A waitress interrupted the conversation, causing the two of them to swiftly lean back into their seats. Klaus mentally groaned at the waitresses terrible timing.

•••

"So, you said before that you grew up in New York. What was that like?" Willow asked, trying to make conversation.

"Yeah it was okay. I wish I could've seen more of the city as a kid but my father was kind of strict and barely let us leave the house" Klaus replied.

"I get it. My mother was really strict with me and my sister when were kids" Willow responded.

"I do rememberer that my brothers and sisters and I used to sneak out of the house some weekends and go to the local doughnut shop at night" Klaus said with a sad smile, remembering his siblings.

"My sister and I couldn't sneak out, we lived in a really small town so there wasn't much to sneak out to" Willow replied with a chuckle.

"Where did you actually grow up?" Klaus asked, knowing that she had moved to Dallas at the age of 17 but she never told him about anything from before that time.

"Just a really small town outside uh" she paused for a second as if she was thinking "Los Angeles"

"Really? I've always wanted to go there" Klaus commented. "My sister used to live there when she moved out. But she became all rich and shit"

"It honestly wasn't as exciting as you'd imagine" Willow replied before drinking from the straw of her milkshake.

"Also, aren't you going to San Francisco soon?" Willow asked. She had been waiting for him to bring it up but when it seemed like he wasn't going to, she decided to do it herself.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that" Klaus replied, looking down at the table.

"Do you not want to go?" Willow asked, noticing his change in attitude when she brought it up.

"Kind of. I've never really travelled before so it's kind of exciting but I also really do like it in Dallas" Klaus told her.

"Really? There's not much in Dallas. I kind of hate it here" Willow replied, raising an eyebrow in confusion as to why he would rather Dallas to San Francisco.

"I would disagree to that statement" Klaus responded, taking a french fry from the basket in the middle of the table.

"Okay then name 3 things that you like about Dallas" Willow challenged, leaning forward in the booth so she could hear him better over the music and the other people talking.

"Okay well one I like the weather here. It's a lot warmer than New York" Klaus replied and Willow nodded, signaling for him to continue.

"Two, I like the accent some of the people have here" Klaus added and then thought for a moment.