So when he slowly, almost hesitantly pushed the door open, he was prepared for the worst. 

However, the worst was nowhere near reality. 

Jungkook lay unconscious in the middle of the room, black blood spilling from his neck, painting the floor around him into a dark shade. 

The first thing Taehyung sensed was the iron smell of red liquid. Only after his eyes got used to the darkness he saw Jungkook's limp body. 

Had the boy not been bleeding, Taehyung might have thought he was asleep. With his eyes fluttered closed and the rhythmic rise of his chest, the boy looked like as if he had traveled to dreamland. He almost looked in peace; only if it hadn't been for the huge wound gaping on his neck.

Taehyung froze. His heart was beating hard against his ribcage, determined to jump out of his chest. He felt fear running over every inch of his body, shaking his arms, legs, his everything. He just stared at the poor boy who was so helplessly laying on the blood-stained carpet, in his own blood.

Then, he snapped out of his trance and leaped forward, throwing his backpack to the floor. He kneeled down next to the omega and carefully heaved him into his arms. Jungkook's weak breathing was a faint ray of hope for Taehyung. Despite the nasty wound on his neck, Jungkook was still alive, if not for a too long, but he still had a chance to save him.

He ran out of the room and went straight to the end of the corridor, using his leg to bang on a door he knew it belonged to Seokjin. It only took a couple of seconds for the older to open the door. His body was hugged by a crumpled pajama while his eyes were barely open. He looked at Taehyung though a narrow crack of his eyelids, clearly pissed off as to why the boy had to wake him up in the middle of the night.

He parted his lips, probably wanting to throw some inappropriate curses at the trueblood, but he stopped as his gaze fell on Jungkook's lifeless body. His neck was still bleeding badly, leaving tiny droplets behind on the floor.

Seokjin's eyes finally snapped open completely as he took a stumble step forward. "What- You bit him?!"

Jin was fuming in anger as he pressed his hand against the young boy's neck. 

If Taehyung hadn't been in a state of shock and afraid that Jungkook would bleed to death in his arms, he might have felt offended that Jin assumed he would have been able to mark Jungkook without his consent. But Taehyung was too panicked to deal with such minor things, so he just shook his head.

"I found him like this," he said, his voice dangerously trembling like he was about to burst out in tears. "Hyung, help!"

"Shit!" Jin cursed, letting go of Jungkook's neck and wiping his bloody hands into his pajama. "Okay, bring him to the infirmary. I'll be right there."

After this, the beta then disappeared into the darkness of his room and Taehyung carried the wounded omega to the basement where Jin's office was. He laid him down on a metal bed and waited for the older to come as well. Until he waited, he copied Jin's previous moves and pressed his hands against the omega's neck. 

Now, that he looked at it more closely, he could clearly see that it was a bite. Jin was right, someone bit him. Someone who wasn't Taehyung.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck," Jin's voice resonated from the walls of the empty infirmary. He came in, wearing a long white robe, his hair still all over the place. Behind him, Namjoon jogged into the scene as well.

"Oh my-" He clasped his hand over his lips, his breath hitching at the sight. "And you're saying it wasn't you?"

Unable to say anything properly, Taehyung shook his head again.