"How did that happen?" Jacky asked as she sat in one of the stools along the kitchen island.

"Victoria dropped a cup last night trying to get some iced tea. Thankfully she didn't cut herself when she was trying to pick it up." I said as I swept everything into the dustpan before walking over to the garbage can and dumping it.

"Thank God for that. Oh, while we're waiting for her we need to practice for next Sunday. Come on, gon get 'round that piano." Dorinda said as she set her purse down on the counter to clap.

"Alright alright we coming. You go head and play since you rushing us." Jacky said as she got up to walk into the living room.

"Uhn uhn the Lord ain't call me to do that. He called me to preach, sing and to shop amen." She shot back with a small laugh at the end. I just shook my head at them and made my way into the living room to sit down at the piano.

We had quickly rehearsed Praying Spirit as well as Blessed and Highly Favored before Victoria came down the stairs. I looked over once I heard her coming and stopped playing for a second. She had her hair up in the front and down in the back with some loose curls and she had on a strapless sundress with some black sandals.

"Wow you look beautiful sweetheart! Look at her y'all." I said to Jacky and Dorinda as we all turned to look at her.

"Ouu look at all that hair!"

"You wearing that dress ain't cha girl!"

She stood there with a shy smile before looking down at her clothes and back up at us again.

"Is this really okay? I didn't really have anything else to wear."

"You look beautiful. We're practicing a song for next Sunday so give us a few minutes and we'll be ready to go." I said as I turned back around to the piano.

"Yes ma'am. Is there any more fruit left in the refrigerator?" She asked as she started walking towards the kitchen.

"Mhm there's a few more cups second shelf. Make sure you look at them though, I think one has peaches." I heard a soft okay in response and went right back into playing the piano.

We practiced the end of Blessed and Highly Favored again before quickly running through the harmonies for Praying Spirit. As we were finishing up Victoria walked back in and stopped to listen to us sing.

"I know that song." She said as she walked over to us.

"You do?" I asked as she stood next to me.

"Yeah. My granny use to sing it while she cleaned up on Sunday's. That one and this one." She replied as she lightly pressed some keys on the piano. I moved my hands and watched as she messed around with the keys.

She pressed each key as if she was trying to find the right note. Once she found the one she wanted she played a little melody slowly as she recalled the correct notes. She cleared her throat a little before singing,

"Though the darkness hideth thee
Sinful man, thy glory not see
But holy, thou art holy
There is none like thee."

Once she was done she took her hand off the piano and smiled softly before stepping back.

"That's the only part I really remember. I haven't heard those songs in forever." She said quietly.

"Karen sings that song. She can teach the rest to you." Dorinda said nudging me slightly.

"Oh, you sing it at church?" Victoria asked innocently as she looked over at me.

"Yes but-"

"She sing sings it. It's on one of her albums." Dorinda interrupted causing me turning around and glare at her.

"Stop interrupting me." I lightly snapped.

"Talk faster." She shot back as she folded her arms over her chest.

"Stop it both of you!" Jacky cut in lightly popping both of us causing us to turn and frown at her.

Victoria looked at us amused at our bickering but it was evident that she was still trying to figure out what Dorinda meant. She looked at each of us and almost instantly its like the dots connected and she gasped.

"Oh God I feel so dumb." She said as she covered her mouth while looking at us in awe. We all looked over at her before playfully introducing ourselves like we would during an interview.

"Hello I'm Jacky."

"I'm Dorinda."

"And I'm Karen. And we're,"

"The Clark Sisters."

~~~~~
word count: 1,894

edited