Chapter 8: Longtae's Crush

Mulai dari awal

Tian smiled at him and asked, "What are you doing out here?"

Longtae was speechless. He just looked at Tian's eyes, wide-eyed. When he finally gets the courage to talk, he stutters. "I w-wanted to go to-- I mean to go and just take p-pictures by myself." Can he kick himself? Is it possible?

"Aow, you should have told me so I could go with you," Tian said.

"You're always with Chief. I figured if you tagged along, he would be there too." Longtae muttered with bitterness. He wished Tian didn't notice but he was always observant.

"I can just tell him to let us be, we're not always together," Tian said as he gives Longtae a questioning look.

"Well, with how lovesick he is with you, I feel like he wouldn't last long until he comes along and I don't want to be your third wheel," Longtae said as he looked away.

Tian grew more concerned with Longtae's action. "Is everything alright?" he asked.

"Mn." Longtae only said as he looked through the photos in his camera.

"You sure? It seems like--" Before Tian can finish, Longtae stood up. "Everything's fine, Phi. Just leave me alone, please." Longtae said before running back to the forest.

Tian tried to call out for him but the boy disappeared quicker than he thought. He doesn't know what ticked Longtae off but he is going to find out what's wrong. Good thing Chief Phupha will be gone for a few weeks due to a mission from his commander. He won't have to deal with a jealous boyfriend while he figures out, what's wrong with Longtae.

____________

When Phupha left, Tian had set out to go and visit Longtae but when he got to his house, Khama said he went out.

When dinner came and Khama invited him, Longtae really kept a distance and tried to do a bunch of stuff to avoid talking to him.

The next day, when he and the kids were playing, Longtae walked by and the kids pulled him to play with them. He saw how the boy was about to agree but then saw Tian and told the kids next time.

Around afternoon, Khama asked everyone to work together to put up a celebration for Kalae's birthday. Tian and Longtae both had work to do together but the latter still kept his distance and even avoided looking at him.

Evening came, everyone was celebrating Kalae's birthday and when Tian tried to sit next to Longtae, the latter stood up and went to the middle of the villagers. Tian sighed.

This kept happening for a 2 weeks. And for that 2 weeks, Tian did not give up and tried to still approach Longtae. Longtae on the other hand finds it harder to distance himself from Tian since he always looked like a kicked puppy whenever Longtae distanced himself from the teacher. It's a good thing, none of the villagers, the kids, nor the rangers noticed their behavior. But, of course, Khama noticed. He can only sigh and shook his head at his son.

One time, Longtae just stepped out of their door when he saw Tian already there waiting for him, he finds himself running back inside and just stayed there all day. When nighttime came, his dad told him that Tian was there the whole day, waiting for Longtae to come out. Of course, he felt bad. He doesn't want to worry Tian so much but he also wanted to avoid him until the feelings has passed but the way Tian was persistent to get him to talk, just made it harder for him.

When he thought of going very early to the waterfalls, he never anticipated seeing the teacher there. When he tried to turn around he felt a handhold on to his arm. "Longtae!" Tian said.

"Please stop avoiding me and tell me what's wrong. What did I do?" Tian asked.

"It's nothing, Phi." Longtae answered.