However, Jeon Jungkook's life didn't work that way. As the Luna has already told him, it was his duty to have a child. But Taehyung was smarter than to say that again. So he tried to comfort the younger in another way.

"It's not like you have to do this alone," he approached him cautiously, monitoring his reaction. Jungkook just looked at him with an empty face. "You have Hoseok on your side."

Jungkook pressed his lips together as he shook his head. "No, I don't," he whispered, still on the verge of crying. "They have him. And they will have my baby too."

He sniffed and wiped his nose with his palm. "I don't want to die just yet."

He sounded so weak, so vulnerable. These tears that flooded down his flushed cheeks were real this time. They weren't part of an act to please his lover. They were no fake evidence of a forced personality. These were Jungkook's real feelings, his real fears. And though the situation demanded seriousness, Taehyung still chuckled at the adorable worry of the young omega.

"You won't die of giving birth, Jungkook," Taehyung giggled but the younger didn't laugh with him. He sent Taehyung a deadly glare which shut him up immediately.

"You know nothing, Taehyung," he snarled in a way that Taehyung actually believed he knew nothing. He always felt like the younger wasn't telling him something. Jungkook had a thing for talking in enigmas, Taehyung almost never knew what the omega was actually thinking about.

"I'm sorry," Taehyung bucked his head down, ashamed but Jungkook just waved it off.

"It's not your fault. I heard you wanted to apologize for last time too. It's okay. It's not your fault for being a clueless alpha. Hobi's just one too and I'm not mad at him either. It's only fair if I forgive you too." He stood up, stretching his arm over his head. His voice was still quite, ready to break at any point but his appearance shouted sturdiness. Jungkook was a really good actor. 

"I can't be mad at everyone just because they are plain stupid."

For a second, Taehyung remembered what Yoongi said to him an hour ago. How Jungkook was disrespectful and rude to them. For a second, he almost agreed to Yoongi, but then Jungkook's facial expressions softened and he looked down at him.

"That way I wouldn't have any friends left. And now, I really feel a need for friendships." If it wasn't for Taehyung's years of experience with those emotions, he wouldn't have noticed that heartbreaking wave in Jungkook's voice. He sounded so sad, so lost, so lonely. Taehyung was very familiar with those feelings. He never wanted anybody to feel that way. 

So even thought he was pretty sure by now that he wanted to be more than just a friend to Jungkook, he knew he couldn't offer more in the current situation.  If being friends was what made Jungkook happy, Taehyung was fine with that, too. He just wanted to make the boy happy.

Before Jungkook could have left, he just blurted out the first thing that came into his mind. "Do you know Fortnite?" 

Taehyung was a bit uncertain but got more confident after seeing Jungkook's lips pulling into a wide smile. His doe eyes widened and for the first time, Taehyung saw them sparkling with excitement. 

"My roommate has it and said I can play any time I want. Do you want-" Taehyung didn't even need to finish his sentence, Jungkook was already nodding, eager to have some fun after an exhausting week.

This is how they ended up in Taehyung's room, both with a pillow under their booties as they sat on the floor next to each other and took turns to fought for their lives. Virtually, of course.

For the first time since he returned, Taehyung has recognized the former energetic little boy in the omega. Jungkook was not afraid to show off his adorable bunny smile or his cute giggle every time Taehyung was brutally killed.