3 || jotunheim

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Know your place, brother.", Thor tells him.

I step forward and place a hand on his upper arm, "Loki's right, this isn't a fight we can win. It isn't a fight we need to win."

"Astrid, this is about my family. You have no place in this feud.", he warns me.

"I was raised alongside you too. Believe me, nothing good ever comes from seeking out a fight."

He shakes my hand off his arm, "I am the would-be king. I do not need advice from a commoner."

Commoner? That's what I am to him?

Taking a deep breath through my nose, I stay composed and take a few steps backwards, away from Thor.

"You know not what your actions would unleash.", the giant says; his glowing-orange eyes look down, somewhat remorseful, "I do.", he then resumes his threatening tone, "Go now, while I still allow it.", he stands up and approaches the two brothers.

Loki cowers in the looming shadow of the giant, whilst Thor just stands, brave and self-righteous as ever, "We will accept your most gracious offer.", Loki says. As cowardly as Loki is, that's the right call here. Fighting won't get us anywhere apart from a one-way ticket to Valhalla. Thor glances back at Loki angrily, before turning his glare to the giant, "Come on, brother.", Loki begins to walk off. Thor stares at the giant for a moment longer, before conceding and turning to walk away with the rest of us.

"Run back home, little princess.", the giant taunts.

Both Loki and I gulp, we know what's coming, "Damn.", is all Loki says.

In one swift movement, Thor pulls up Mjolnir and hits the giant across the courtyard, "Next?", he asks cockily. The rest of us reluctantly draw our weapons; Sif tosses me a sword since I didn't prepare for coming here. It soon turns into an all-out battle; us smashing Jotuns left and right, while they swing their ice swords at us. "At least make it a challenge for me.", Thor taunts.

More Jotuns leap down from the jagged, frozen cliffs, and send ice coursing through the floor beneath us. One icicle shoots up, knocking Hogun backward. Throughout the entire fight, Thor mocks and teases the Jotuns, arrogant as ever. One especially large Jotun comes at me, wielding two huge icicles. He uses one to knock my sword from my hand, and as he raises his hand, ready to finish me off, he's sent flying above me. Thor stands behind him, holding onto Mjolnir.

"Thanks.", I breathe.

He nods, then goes back to fighting; I grab my sword and continue the battle. All seems to be going well, and whilst we're incredibly outnumbered, we manage to hold our own and dominate the fight. Until, that is, an icicle as sharp as knives shoots from the floor, impaling Fandral's chest. I let out a screech, and Sif and I run over, pulling him from the bloodied ice.

"Thor!", Sif screams, as we haul Fandral away from the fight.

"We must go!", Loki yells.

"Then go!", Thor retorts, tossing Mjolnir and taking out what must be at least a dozen Jotuns.

"Thor, put your petty pride aside! Your friend is injured! He needs to be taken back to Asgard now!", I shout.

Suddenly, there's a deafening cracking of ice and I follow the sound to see the layer of ice covering what I previously thought was a statue of a giant beast. When the ice breaks, it's revealed to be a great, scaly creature.

"Run!", Volstagg screams, as the beast begins to move its leg.

We all turn and run to the icy plains where the Bifrost first brought us, "Thor!", Loki yells, as his brother continues fighting.