iii. smooth

After spending about an hour to set up, the party had started

Quinn sat on one of the logs by the fire pit, drinking her beer when she heard Pope a few feet away from her, talking to a touron girl. "It's kinda weird when on TV, we see people die, and they just kinda sit there, but in actuality, they would be shitting and farting up a storm."

Quinn held back a laugh as the touron cringed, getting up and walking away from Pope. Quinn got up from her bench and walked over to sit beside him. "Smooth..."

Pope groaned, putting his face in his hands as he leaned into Quinn's side. "I thought I was doing good." Quinn laughed, bumping her should against his. "You were... until you started talking about shitting and farting."

Pope  sighed, crossing his arms on his knees that were pulled into his chest and rested his knees on his arm, turning to look at Quinn. He smiled at her, Quinn returning the smile before noticing JJ and John B walking passed them. She sent Pope a small smile goodbye before going after the boys.

"JJ... I want a drink." Quinn said, sticking her hand out. JJ chuckled, going to hand her the solo cup in his hand before noticing Sarah and Topper walking by. "Oh, wait. Hey, hey. Hey, Sarah Sarah, can I interest you in a tasty Milwaukee beverage?"

Sarah gave a polite smile to JJ, shaking her head. "No, thanks." JJ sighed, tilting his head. "Is it not fancy enough for you?"

Quinn groaned, pushing JJ back slightly. "Come on, JJ. Leave her alone." JJ shook his head, pushing Quinn behind him slightly, still trying to hand Sarah the drink.

"Hey, you know what? I'll take it. I'll... Thank you, man. I appreciate it." Topper said and Quinn nodded at him. JJ shook his head, pulling the drink away from Topper. "That's nice, but I didn't ask you. If you said pretty please, maybe, but you didn't."

Topper scoffed, giving the boy a fake smile. "Oh, pretty please. Pretty please?"

JJ shook his head, turning back to Sarah. "You can have it." Quinn rolled her eyes, taking a step towards JJ. She leaned forward, taking the red solo cup from JJ and chugging it just as Topper went to slap the drink out of JJ's hand, resulting in him slapping Quinn.

As soon as JJ realized Topper slapped Quinn, he went running to the rich boy, Topper running at him as well.

"Hey!" Quinn yelled, getting in between the two boys, putting her hands on their chests and pushing them both back. "Back off! Both of you!" Quinn screamed.

"You know, Quinn? I finally see why a bitch like you hangs out with these Dirty Pogues!" Topper screamed and John B quickly pushed back Quinn, running to Topper.

"John B!" Quinn screamed as Pope and Kie ran over. "We're supposed to be incognito, remember?" Pope yelled as Topper threw a punch at John B, knocking him into the water.

"Hey, John B, don't make me drown you like your old man, all right?" Topper screamed, kicking John B in deeper.

Topper stood over John B, keeping his head under the water. Quinn looked at the scene with wide eyes, turning to Kie, JJ and Pope. "He's drowning him!"

JJ looked at Quinn for a few seconds before running up to Topper. Quinn thought he was just gonna try to push Topper off of John B but then she heard the click of a gun.

"Yeah, you know what that is. Your move, broski." JJ said, pushing his gun to the back of Topper's head.

"JJ!" Quinn screamed, going to run to him but Pope quickly wrapped his arms around her waist, keeping her back. "No. It's not safe." He whispered.

"Put the gun down." Sarah screamed, making JJ chuckle. "Did you say somethin', princess?"

"We're good. We're good." Topper said, letting go of John B

"Quinn! Can you check your psycho friend, please?" Sarah screamed and Quinn turned to Sarah as if she were crazy. "How about you make sure your boyfriend doesn't drown people!"

"Okay, everyone, listen up! Get the hell off our side of the island!" JJ screamed, firing the gun. Pope pushed him back. "Are you crazy? You idiot!" "Why do that?" Kie yelled.

"It's not worth it!" Quinn screamed and JJ turned to her, practically smoking in anger. "I'm saving his life, okay?"

...

"Look, I'm callin' it off. All right? Peterkin said, if I stay out of the marsh, she'll help me with DCS." John B said the next day after calling them all over to the Chateau.

JJ scoffed, leaning against the pillar. "And you believed her?" John B turned to JJ as if he were crazy. "Yes, I believe her, JJ."

"An actual cop, John B. You believed a cop." JJ asked again, making John B roll his eyes. "All I gotta do is stay out of the marsh for a couple days, and she'll help me out. It doesn't help that your ass was the one shooting a gun."

JJ shook his head, scoffing. "You know what I should have done? Just let Topper drown your ass." John B raised his brows at JJ's words. "Topper was gonna drown me?"

"It looked like it." Quinn muttered and Pope quickly wrapped his arm around Quinn's shoulder, reaching it over to cover her mouth and pulled her into his chest so she didn't speak.

"Have you looked in a mirror?" JJ asked, pointing the black eye. "Tell me some more. Come on." John B asked, growing annoyed. Quinn turned to Kie with worried eyes, Pope still covering her mouth.

"They always win, don't they, man? Kooks versus Pogues. They always, always win!" JJ screamed, throwing his beer , startling Kie. "Look, it's okay!"

"No, it's not okay! It is not! They don't want us to go down into the marsh. That means there's something valuable down there, and you know it. I know you do." JJ yelled.

He instantly turned to Pope, pointing at him. "And I understand why you don't wanna go. You're the golden boy. You got way too much to risk. And you two..." He turned to Kie and Quinn, rolling his eyes. "I mean, you two are already rich as fuck anyway. Why would you guys bother?"

He turned back to John B, patting his shoulder. "But you and me, man, we got nothin' to lose! We really don't, all right? And I know it didn't use to be that way for you."

"I don't want to talk about this. I don't want to talk about it." John B mumbled, walking out of the porch area of the house, JJ instantly following after him. "So that's it?"

"Just get out of my way, bro." John B said, pushing JJ away but JJ ignored him, wrapping an arm around his shoulders. "John B, listen to me. I have a plan. You got the key to Cameron's big boat, right? There's scuba gear. We borrow that, and then we go down to the wreck this afternoon, and that is what's gonna save you, man. You don't see rich kids going into foster care, do you?"

Quinn looked up at Pope and quickly swatted his hand off of her mouth, Pope turned to her, shaking his head. "Right... Sorry."

i dont really have anything to say

i dont really have anything to say... But YESSS