ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ

Start from the beginning

The posters promoting the Vaizel Fighting Festival caught his eye, especially the part that said whoever won would have any wish granted. The way this was set up with the posters and the promise of a wish being granted, the Dragon Sin of Wrath and I knew that the Commandment of Repose and the Commandment of Patience were behind this.

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure what Meliodas is planning to do once we come face to face with those two, our oldest friends.

Meliodas and I actually haven't spoken to each other ever since I woke up from my nap a couple of hours ago and I'm pretty sure everyone could tell that there was something wrong between the two of us. But I'll talk to the Captain of the Seven Deadly Sins once this stupid festival is over.

At the moment, Elizabeth, Hawk and I have been separated from the others so I suppose that explains why I've been a little uptight for the past hour; I need to make sure that Elizabeth and Hawk are not hurt in any way whatsoever.

"Hey (Y/n), maybe dropping the 'I'm going to kill everyone' look will lighten the mood," Hawk pipes in.

Slowly glancing around, I fix a deathly glare on the large pig and when he sees this, he squeals loudly and immediately hides behind the cursed Goddess.

"Oh (Y/n), please tell me what's going on," Elizabeth says softly as she slowly comes up to me and places a gentle hand on my shoulder.

Flinching, I shrug her hand away. "Nothing's going on, Elizabeth."

"You're hurting," she says as she clasps her pale hands together and places them over her chest. "And I want to help."

"There is nothing you can do," I say coldly. "Unless you have an idea of how I can destroy myself without hurting you and Meliodas."

Elizabeth gasps lightly as my father hisses in my head, (Y/n)!

"Don't say such things!" Elizabeth says with her voice slightly raised. "I won't have you thinking such dark thoughts, (Y/n)."

"Or what?" I challenge her with a dark voice.

Where is this cruel attitude coming from? Why am I acting like this?

"What will you do, Princess?" I go on with a frown that's on the verge of turning into a scowl.

"Only love can make you feel like this," Elizabeth says quietly. "Only love can drive you insane. (Y/n), tell me, are you in love with Sir Meliodas?"

"No!" I roar as I blast my magic towards one of the high walls of the maze.

Surprisingly, it starts to slowly crumble and fall to the ground but Elizabeth and I are far from it so there's no way it will reach us.

Only love can drive you insane.

"(Y/n), what the hell!" a squeaky voice shouts from up ahead.

My eyes widen as I realise that Hawk is right where all the falling debris is. He must have walked ahead of Elizabeth and I earlier and I didn't notice him because of my current state. Damn it.

"Hawk!" I scream as I rush towards him but before I can shield the two of us from the falling stones, a large hand grabs us both and moves us away from the danger.

"Were you trying to kill him?" a familiar voice asks from above.

Looking up, I let out a sigh of relief as I see the face of our saviour, saying softly, "Diane."

The Serpent Sin of Envy looks at us closely. "How do you know my name?"

"Diane, it's me," Elizabeth says excitedly from the ground. "It's Elizabeth."