Chapter 31: Authority of Greed

Start from the beginning

"By the way Subaru, are you aware that you possess the Authority of Greed?" Subaru perks up upon hearing Reinhard speak. "What?"

"I was able to get the Divine Protection of Judgement and saw you have both the Authority of Greed and Sloth." Subaru remembers Beatrice speaking about the Authority of Sloth before going on their voyage. "I got Sloth from that bastard Betelgeuse, I wonder what Greed can do."

Subaru also remembered the invisible providence that emerged from his chest while confronting Rem with Felix. "Wait, if I got both Greed and Sloth, why didn't I get Gluttony? Whatever, I don't want that one anyways. I must've gotten Greed from Regulus." Subaru shook his head while thinking.

"It appears your authority can take pain for others or divide it between allies." Subaru, although having many questions, decided to hold off on any. "Great!" Subaru exclaims. Focusing back onto the situation, he began speaking. "Where's Capella?"

"Right after she regenerated, she said she had something to do and ran away." Reinhard explains his experience with Capella as Subaru looks down in frustration once again.

"Damn, that just makes things difficul-" Suddenly, another voice started speaking, sounding as if it was coming from the same room they were in.

"Yahoo, yahoo, yahoo!" Subaru, along with Emilia and Beatrice, tensed up. They frantically looked around the dimly lit room for the source of the voice. "H-huh, who's that?!" Subaru askes the question in everyone's mind. "That's her." Reinhard says in a stern tone.

"Hello, all you meat creatures! No matter how many times you've heard it, doesn't my beauty and my lovely voice get you all excited? Gahahahaha!" Subaru freezes as Capella spoke. "Wait, how's she talking so loudly? I can't see her anywhere."

"It appears she is using the broadcasting system in city hall." Reinhard explained. Subaru, still looking around, thought, "Radios exist here too?"

Capella continued.

"Alright, you meat creatures enthralled by a beautiful girl's enticing voice, I have news for you: we're all tired, so we're leaving now. Just kidding! The true tossing and turning of day and night starts now! Gahahahaha!" Subaru began to cover his ears. Rage was filling his body. Her piercing voice was annoying him in general, but the fact that she was a Sin Archbishop and another threat was enough to fill Subaru with rage beyond comparison.

"Setting aside my hilarious joke, let's continue on with the news. As I said just now, the city has been taken by us. You're all caged birds... no, you're all insects in a cage for insects." Capella continued on speaking in an obnoxious tone.

"Insects are just mere bugs, and the owner of that cage gets to decide just what to do with you. Wings and head, prepare to have them removed... Kahahaha, how ugly, how awful! What a cruel life. You should be thankful for being left in my gentle care. Gahahahaha!" Subaru gits his teeth and mutters, "Shut up..."

Subaru directed his words towards Capella, although she was not there to hear them. "Wait, wait, you idiots can't understand the real meaning of my treasured words. Poor hopeless fools, only thinking about slabs of meat in their free time. My kind, lovable self will make this easier to understand. I'll tell you with my spit which you masochists love."

"She's even worse than Betelgeuse...." Subaru could not shake the fact that Capella thought too highly of herself. She thinks she is a kind, loving girl when she is the complete opposite. Sighing in disgust, Subaru could not help but continue to listen to her.

"Insects in a cage can't do anything about their owner's mood. The most you can do to please us is to remain anxiously in your cage. When we're in a bad mood, you can only shudder in fear as we tear your wings or legs off. When I bring you honey, I'll be like your mother, gently stroking your heads. There~fore~, kahahahahaha!"