Chapter 1: Protective Tian

Start from the beginning

As Tian walked over the village, he overhears the conversation between the parents and Khama.

"Will there be anyone that will be willing to buy on our harvest? After Khun Tian exposed those scammers, no one has come here." Ayi and Meejoo's parents asked.

"Those guys will be coming back today to buy from us." Khama said.

"But Khama, they scammed us. We could have earned a bit better if it weren't for those guys!" Ayi's dad said.

"We can only take what we can get for now, even if we know they are scamming us. Remember, Mr. Sakda supports the rangers as well in their unit." Khama said.

"To hell to him! I just don't understand why he, of all people, is being relied on for the support here. There are many who could have." Khaoneung's dad said.

"We would have suffered if they didn't support us. There is nothing we can do about it." Khama sighed sadly.

"Well, no matter what, I would never sell my harvest to those scammers. We can sell it on our own without being scammed." Ayi's dad said as all of the parents responded with agreement.

Tian felt bad. He's the cause of the problem the villagers are having right now. Moreover, If he were the kids, where would they go? Probably back to the classroom? No, they'd get bored. The field? They would just look around and end up in the forest or something and get lost so that's a no as well. Where else? The waterfalls? No, they wouldn't go there unless he goes with them to swim. Maybe the... No... Shit! What if they did go there?

Tian realized that the kids probably went to go help harvest, the scammers would probably be there as well. And knowing Ayi is a gutsy kid, he would talk back to those scammers and the rest of them would follow his lead. As Tian realized this, he ran as fast as he can to where the others are harvesting. Please don't let the scammers be there just yet.

They rangers saw Tian running and since they were informed about the teacher's condition, they immediately called for Phupha and Doctor Nam.

As Tian got there, he saw the other villagers surrounded around something or someone, when he got closer, he heard yelling.

"Hey kid! Leave the adults to this. Stop butting in! Did your teacher even taught you how to respect someone older than you?!" One of Sakda's henchmen said.

"Both of them did! But we also learned to respect people who deserves those respects! You scammed us already! So leave!" He heard Ayi said.

"Do you even know how scaling works? You dumb kid." The henchman mocked.

"Yes! We already learned how it works! P'Seetian already taught us about it so we wouldn't get scammed anymore by people like you!" Khaoneung said.

"Oh you mean that coward of a teacher you have? Ha! From what we can tell, all he ever does is cause trouble. Why would you believe that weakling?" The henchman asked.

"P'Seetian isn't a coward! At least he was brave enough to expose you from scamming us! And he also isn't weak! He is the strongest teacher we know!" Inta yelled.

Tian felt something would go wrong any second so he tried to squeeze through the villagers to stop the kids. But he couldn't so he walked around the crowd.

"Strong yet fainted? Ha! Okay then. If he was so brave and strong, he wouldn't need that Chief of yours to protect him." The henchman mocked.

"Chief protects him because of bad guys like you! You're the weak one here since you rely on those things you hold!" Ayi said. 'Ayi, please stop.' Tian thought as he got closer towards the back of the henchmen.