"Heh?" you sounded, still standing on the sidelines with your hands in your pockets. You got distracted by a bird and missed most of the conversation.

Aizawa pointed at you.

"You get four days house arrest too!"

"What the heck did I do!?"

"You were out past curfew and you went out alone when you're at higher risk than any other student! How reckless can you be!?"

"That's not fair! I was just looking for the idiots, it's not like I went bowling or somethin-"

"You wanna make it five!?"

"No, sir," you responded instantly, dipping your head quickly.

That guy really was scary when he was mad- scarier when he was worried about his students too.

"And I want a written apology from all of three of you!" He ordered, "If any of you pull a stunt like this again I'll have you all expelled! Understood!?"

You all mumbled your yeses and such, sort of sour about the fact that you'd all have to catch up on classes. But hey at least he didn't say you had to clean. That was a saving grace.

But in any case, what worried you the most was knowing that once you got back inside, not only did you have to face the rest of the class, explain what happened last night, but-

Looking around to Katsuki and Izumi- well- you'd also have to face each other alone. Start maneuvering through this new dynamic you had finished creating.

***

It wasn't all that bad.

Just the three of you.

The dorms were actually a fairly quiet place when no one was around. The only noises frolicking around the common room were the gentle hums of vacuum cleaners and rags wiping the glass windows.

It was a hilarious sort of sight: two bandages up boys in their lying-about clothes, cleaning like hired housekeepers.

You were on the sidelines because massive-injury-perk number one is you don't have to do any tedious labor work even while in massive trouble.

Watching Deku and Katsuki worried you a tad at first. Though they'd gotten most of their pent-up feelings out the night before, there was still some unsaid tension between them; words yet to be said that could turn into an angry fist fight if it wasn't handled the right way.

But surprisingly enough, after an hour or two of cleaning, once everyone had left, their interactions were... different. Treading carefully, Deku even asked Katsuki what he thought of his fighting from the night before. Like it was just another training exercise.

Whenever Deku asked or talked about his skills, Katsuki usually blew him off, told him to shut up, insulted him, did anything to get him the hell away.

Now though, after a few seconds of silence, Katsuki stared at the work he was doing with Midoriya's back to him... and then he actually answered. Said something along the lines of 'You need to be less obvious. You used an ambush technique and I was still able to dodge it,'

The look on his friend's face as he gave him a real response shined with joy.

The whole conversation made you smile too. Made the worry wash away, sigh with relief as you understood that like you and Katsuki were on the path to being okay, so were him and Deku...

Of course keeping rocky friendships as well as relationships together is easier than fucking baking. You had no idea what you were doing the second you walked into that kitchen.