The surf has gotten bigger since I first went in..or it's probably because I'm closer to the bigger waves.

A wave sucks me in its barrel and I tumble around like clothes in a washing machine. I can't tell where's up and where's down.

A memory flashes in my mind as I twirl around in the wave.

"When you tried you best in a situation like getting stuck in a rip you call for help.. even though you think you can handle it on your own.." my father tells me, once he saved my life from almost drowning.

I nod sheepishly tears glossing my eyes.

"Don't cry my fish." He chuckles wiping my fallen tear. "Your strong. But you need to know when you weaken."

I resurface after the wave crashes. I gasp for air. "Hel—" another wave smashes me taking it in its pull not letting me call out for help.

"Dad why are you leaving?" I ask him, now only 14.

"I miss home, My fish. England isn't for me."

"And it's not for me either! Bring me with you dad!" I cry out as he's at the door with his belongings. My heart aches.

He gives me a sad smile. "I wish I could sweetheart."

He takes off his thin gold chained necklace with a little surfboard on it and puts it on me.

"But dad this is...this is your father's.."

"And he gave it to me. Now I'm giving it to you." He smiles

A small smile appears on my lips but it quickly dissipates, rembering he's really leaving. For good.

"Love you, my little fish." He ruffles up my hair with his big hand before opening the door, and leaving..for good.

"No!" I cry out I go to open the door but my mum grabs my arm keeping me from doing so.

...I didn't even get to say goodbye or I love you too. That was the worst day of my life....and from there on it was worse and worse everyday. Wishing I could fly to Australia and find him but I never had the money nor did my mom let me have that kinda amount of money knowing that I would go after my father...

I resurface again but before I could take a breath another wave sucks me in engulfing my body.

My mind swirls my heart beats in my ears. I don't know how much longer I can hold my breath for.

Everything goes red then black. Repeating over and over.

"You learn at school. Come back home, study, eat. Then go to bed." My mom tells me that was my schedule. All day everyday. On weekends I work and study after eat then sleep. The money wasn't for me no, it was for my mum to keep.

At least I didn't have to pay rent...she gave me that much.

"No friends. They distract you and give you fun that you don't need. What you need is an a good education so you can be something other then a pointless surfer. You hear me Avery?"

"Yes moth—I mean ma'am." I correct not being aloud to call her mother because she disowns me as her child and only my father's

I'm surprised she let me keep his chain.

I gasp only for water to come in my lungs. I cough then take more water in. I try to swim to the surface but the water going into my lungs slows me down.

I put my hand up out of the water hoping a lifeguard or just an angel from above to grab my hand.

Please, please...god don't let me die I'm not ready yet...I still have to find my dad.