Hayley

I walked out of the condo smiling and trying to hide the blush on my cheeks. Evan always had that affect on me. We have been friends for over 15 years and I think most of those years were spent secretly wishing he would notice me.

When he got drafted by Toronto it worked out great. I was already living here and articling at a Toronto law firm. He asked if I wanted to move into his condo as he wouldn't be there most of the time. I said sure, but I was going to pay my share of everything.

I love the condo it's great. It's 2 bedroom and they each have their own bathroom which is nice. Thank god our rooms are separated by the living room because Ev has a very active, social life I'll call it.

He does have a type though, blonde, thin and big breasts.  He seemed to keep them around for a couple weeks to a month and then there would be a never "flavor of the month," as I called them.

I get into work with 10 minutes to spare till our meeting.  I sit in my office and quickly shoot Evan a good luck text.  He gets so nervous when he goes home to play in Boston.

My assistant comes in and lets me know that everyone is in the boardroom.  I get up and head in knowing I got this one.

After 6 hours of intense negotiations we finally had a deal signed and ready. 

I tell my assistant, Amy, that I am going to head home for the day.

"Hot date?" she asks me smiling.

"Nope, I have a date with the couch and watching my best friend kick some butt against the New York Rangers," I say.

"I still don't understand how you live with that wonderful piece of eye candy and don't hit that," she says laughing.

"I have known Ev for over 15 years, we are more like brother/sister," I say, thinking I am more trying to convince myself then her.

"Well you have some great self control.  If he lived across the hall from me I don't think I would be able to behave," she says.

"I'm not his type.  I am a bit too curvy for his taste," I say.

"Oh my god did he actually say this to you?" she says.

"Oh no, he has never said anything like that to me.  I just figured it out by seeing all the women he brings home with him, but I am fine with how things are," I say hoping I have convinced her.

"I don't believe you.  Deep down you are telling me that you have never wanted him to just take you and ravish you all night?" she asks raising her eyebrow.

A hint of blush creeps up on my cheeks and I know I am busted.  "I am leaving right now," I say to Amy. 

"I knew it and you better talk to that hunk of a man when he gets home and get you some," she yells.

"Shhh Amy, the whole office doesn't need to know," I say.

I get on the elevator and just pray my bosses didn't hear that conversation.

I get home and change into my black yoga pants and my Toronto Maple Leaf jersey that Ev got me with his name and number.  I make some dinner and sit down in front of the tv and turn on the game.

Ev is on fire tonight.  He has a goal and 2 assists and we are only going into the 3rd period.  The camera pans to his face and I smile.  He really is a crazy good looking man and I would be lying if I said I didn't think about him professing his love for me and just taking me in his arms and making me feel really good, but that doesn't happen for girls like me.  We are friend zoned forever and just have my imagination and battery operated friend to live out those fantasies, ahhh not that I ever have.

Ev scores the game winning goal in the 3rd and I cheer him on from our place.  The game ends and I look at the time 10:30 and decide to head to bed.

I change into my boy shorts to sleep in and decide to snap a quick picture of me in his jersey to give him the thumbs up.

I stand up and snap a quick mirror shot giving the thumbs up.

I send it to Ev with a quick message:

"Killer game tonight.  You were on fire and the camera loves you and those up close bench shots.  Let Greg know he played well too.  Miss you Ev.  Don't celebrate too hard you still have 2 more games to go.

Xo Hayls"

I put my phone down and go to brush my teeth and wash my face.  I hear the facetime ring go off and pick up my phone and see it's Ev.

"Hey what's up? I figured you would be heading out?" I ask sitting on my bed.

"I was, I mean I am, but wanted to thank you for the encouragement and the congrats," he says smiling.

"You didn't need to call me for that Ev.  I know you probably want to get out and meet some New York ladies," I say wiggling my eyebrows.

He laughs, "You know me too well, but I just wanted to thank you and see that smile."

I blush a little, trying to hide my face, "Well you have seen it, but I have to get to bed Ev."

"Wait how did you deal go today? I know you said that it was supposed to be a good one," he says.

"Crushed it, and I got a bonus to boot," I say smiling.

I hear Greg call Ev to come on and head out with them.

"I gotta go, but I miss hanging out with you too.  We for sure a doing a movie date, but I get to pick this time," he says.

"We'll see.  I think my last choices were pretty good," I say smiling.

"Yeah yea they were," he says.

"Donaldson, I swear we are leaving without you if you don't stop fucki....Oh hey Hayls.  I didn't know he was talking to you," Greg says waving to me.

"No problem.  I was just letting him go, but make sure he doesn't get into too much trouble.  I heard what happened on the plane," I say laughing.

"Fucking eh, my girlfriend told you?" he asks.

"You told your girlfriend about the plane?" I see Ev slap Greg on the shoulder.

"And that is my cue to go boys.  Have fun tonight," I say hanging up.

I smile and get under the covers and try hard not to think about Ev.  I hear my phone ping and I see it's a message from Ev.  I open the message and it's a picture of him in just a towel and it's hanging dangerously low.  I figure he sent it to me by accident and close it. 

My phone pings again, this time with a text from Ev.

"That's for sending me that picture of you in just my jersey.  Were you trying to tease me?  Cause if you were mission accomplished.

Xo Ev"

"What the fuck?" I say to myself and look at the picture again that I sent.  Sure you can see my legs and I guess it looks like I am not wearing anything under, but I didn't expect that response out of Ev.

I slide under the covers and wonder if it could really be possible that he sees me as more than just a friend.  I think about it for a minute and then shake that thought out of my head. 

I fall a sleep a little while later, but my mind is still processing tonight's events.