Big Time Changes

"Kelly, do I have to be here?" Gustavo grumbled. He was sitting at the head of the kitchen table in Kelly's condo with his arms crossed tight over his chest and a pout on his lips.

"Hey, if we have to be here, so do you!" Jazzie pointed out while setting dishes down on the table. Mellie followed her with the silverware and Sammi followed her with the cups. Kelly and Mickey were hovering over the food in the kitchen.

"And it's a nice gesture as well," Kelly added.

Her nieces sighed. After meeting the boys of Big Time Rush, and once the boys got over their initial shock, the girls and boys went out to get to know each other better. They went to the Palm Woods Park and to some shops in downtown L.A. before stopping at a café to get something to drink and talk. Kendall and Jazzie clicked almost immediately, bonding over their love of skateboarding and being the "leader" of their groups. Sammi got along with Logan pretty well because of how realistic they both were and how much they liked to read and learn new things. She seemed impressed with the fact that he wanted to be a doctor, since she was thinking of becoming a vet if not an author.

Mellie and Logan also got along really well because of their mutual love for trying anything new and doing things that created an adrenaline rush, such as her wakeboarding. He was impressed with how athletic she was. Mickey and Carlos got along fast because of their need for excitement and their love of life and trying to find the good things in it. James got on her nerves from time to time because of his shallow tendencies but, as time moved on, she found him to be a good listener and surprisingly (to her) driven.

By the time Kelly's nieces had gotten back to the condo Kelly had told them to expect the boys, Katie, and Jennifer over for dinner. Her news was met with mixed results but then it turned to downright outrage when they heard that Gustavo was coming as well. A few times they had dinner with him he had inhaled most of the food before they even had it placed firmly on the table. Since then they've watched him like a hawk to make sure the food they prepared wouldn't go missing.

"But do we have to have them over for dinner?" Mickey all but whined. "We're going to see them all the time anyway since you and Mom made us get jobs," she added while checking on the macaroni.

"We're having them over and you'll be happy about it," Kelly said through clenched teeth and squinted eyes.

"Fine," Jazzie said while flinching at her aunt's tone. She gave Mellie a look and pointed at her head while spinning her finger in a circle. Mellie let out a sort of choking laugh to keep from Kelly's wrath.

They all jumped at the sudden banging on the table. In unison, the girls turned to see that Gustavo had a fork and knife held in each fist and was tapping the ends on the table while chanting, "I want food! I want food!"

Just then the doorbell rang and Mickey shrieked. "I'm not done yet! The bread's the only thing that's been cooked!"

"Relax, Mouse," Jazzie told her younger sister while sneaking a grape off of the fruit plate that was in the middle of the table. She wrinkled her nose at another ring of the doorbell. "Can't we just leave them out there?" She sighed.

"No!" Kelly said while moving quickly towards the front door. A few seconds later the boys trooped into the room followed by Katie and Jennifer. Jennifer had a bowl in her hands and an eerily bright smile on her face.

"Huh, and I only thought people smiled like that from Botox," Sammi whispered to Mellie.

"Nice place," Katie commented while nodding. "You have cable?"

"We have DirecTV," Mellie replied.

"How many channels?" Katie asked, her eyes widening in excitement.