Stu Hopps Pt.3

Começar do início

      "Daisy, Me and Nick aren't together. The truth is, the last few weeks me and Nick have been....fooling around. Don't tell him I told you, because we haven't told anyone."

      "I can tell this is troubling you though," Daisy said," Are you not happy?"

      "Worse," Judy said," I'm in love."

      "Love?" Daisy said," Well, by God, Rabbit, tell him."

      "You don't think I want to?" Judy responded," It's all I want to do, but....I'm scared he won't feel the same way.....I don't want to scare him off. He's my best friend and if I ever lost him.....I don't know what I'd do."

      Daisy looked away for a moment, thinking on Judy's problem before saying," Hey, then how about we throw your best friend the best Birthday Party ever?"

###

"I can see where Judy gets her stubbornness from," Nick said, out of the blue.

"A Hopps attitude is nothing to toy with," Stu responded

"Yeah, I have learned that a few times. Judy always has a way of putting me in my place."

"Small talk about my daughter isn't going to help you here," Stu said.

"Well, I didn't figure it. You hate me, and I just have to accept that."

Stu became silent for a moment, then let a sigh escape from his lips," Nick.....it isn't that I hate you."

What caught the fox's attention most about that last response wasnt that Stu didn't hate him, but that the rabbit used his real name.

"I'm just worried about my daughter. She has been run over quite a few times by previous boyfriends, and has been hurt several times. Now, she is in love with someone from the city, a fox at that, and-"

Stu was cut off by a stuttering gox," W-woah. Me and J-Judy are not together Like Th-that."

"Nick, I have seen the way you look at her and the way she looks at you. I have heard the way she talks about you, and I have heard the way you talk about her. I have seen the two of you together. I know love when I see it, And you do NOT have to hide it from me. Judy is stubborn. She will do whatever it is she wants anyway."

"Stu, boyfriend or not, I would never hurt Judy. Hell, I would be more worried about Judy hurting ME. That rabbit is FREAKISHLY strong.''

The bunny tried to fight it, but couldnt as a chuckle escaped from his mouth," If that be the case, I guess I have nothing to worry about."

"Stu....can we please just start over? I know how much Judy means to you, just like you know how much I mean to her. It would mean the world to that bunny if we could just get along."

Stu, once again, was silent for a moment, then let out a small smile," My name is Stu Hopps. I'm a grouchy old rabbit who works on a farm."

"My name is Nick Wilde. I'm a smartass Fox who works with the ZPD."

###

"I'm glad you came," Aaron Hopps said with a smile as the vixen came into the restaurant.

"I wouldn't have missed it," Megan said with a smile," This is a lot fancier than my ex did," she chuckled.

"Oh really?" Aaron chuckled.

"Yeah, he took me to this cheap fast food joint and then after dinner he took me with him to his little hustle work."

"So, you were with a criminal?"

"Well, I guess technically no. The work itself was legal. He just had a couple of loose ends. Anyway,what about you? Do you take all the girls here?"

"No, actually I have never been here. Sp,if the food is terrible, it's not on me."

Megan laughed for a moment, flashing a genuine smile and the couple picked up their menus.

###

Nick and Stu were in the middle of talking about police work work versus farming when the snow finally let up, and the storm had left. The fox pulled out his phone to see if he now had service, and he did.

"I'm gonna call me friend, Finick. Ser if he can pick us up."

"He is the fox Aaron is living with, right?"

"Yeah," Nick chuckled," He is an asshoel, but a sweet asshole."

Stu nodded his head and back made the call. Finnick would be there in a couple of hours. The fox and rabbit sat in the car and waited.

"I do like Judy," Nick confessed," I like her alot."

"I know you do," Stu said,'' and I know she feels the same way about you. I know I'm just an old grumpy rabbit, but I do notice things. You look at her the same way I look at my wife."

Nick sighed," But I don't want to risk losing was me and her have now."

"Well, I can't make that decision for you, Nick. With Judy being my daughter, I don't want to make that decision. When the time is right, you will know what to do."

###

      A wolf walked across the halls of the ZPD, his badge glowing in the light as he made his way to the evidence room. Making sure no one was watching, the wolf grabbed a baggy of crack rocks, separating a few grams from the evidence and putting it into its own container, stuffing the substance into his pockets.

      Carol Wilde wasn't her only Client. After finding out Nick was her brother, the wolf almost backed out. However, the money being offered to him he couldn't pass up. Carol was a risk, but a good paying risk.

AN- Alright. 2nd re-write chapter. These are becoming less of a re-write and more of a cut and paste. Either way. Content.

Toodles