{XLIX} • Cause of the Phone Call

Start from the beginning

"It has come to my attention that Taehyung has been bullied by one of your students, Jeon Sungho." I said. "Mr. Jeon. I don't think seeking revenge to one of our students is a good way to solve your problems." Mr. Lee said.

"Pardon me?" I ask. "You're a mafia boss. Do you have any proof of Sungho bullying Taehyung?" He asked. I clenched my jaw and didn't answer. "Well then, I don't think there are any more reasons to pursue this conversation." Mr. Lee ended.

He stood up and led us to the door again. I was baffled. Taehyung was silent the whole time and left the principal's office without any hesitation. I followed him.

Taehyung was about to walk away, but I took his wrist and stopped him. "Hey, wait, where are you going?" I ask. "I need to go to my locker." He said. I nodded and walked with him. "I told you you were going to make things worse." He added while walking through the hallways.

We were given glances by the other students, but Taehyung was not paying attention to that. I was glad he didn't. "Tae, I'll get that proof. Don't worry." I say.

"That's the thing, Jungkook. I don't worry about the proof at all. I'm fine with the thought that I'll be gone here in a few months. I keep telling myself: 'it's just a few more months Taehyung. Bite through the pain. It won't kill you.'" He said.

I wasn't sure about that 'it won't kill you' thing. I didn't knew that for sure. Not after the call I got this morning. I sighed. "Tae.." I start, but Taehyung interrupted me.

"I need to go to class. I'll see you after school." He said. I nodded and sighed. I kissed him on his forehead and said goodbye.

I watched Taehyung leave me through the hallway and eventually made my way to my car. I drove to the office where I went to Namjoon's office. He was already there, ticking on his laptop.

"Hey. I wanted to talk to you about something, but first I want an urgent team meeting right now." I say. Namjoon nodded.

It took 15 minutes to gather everyone, except Jimin and Taehyung, into one meeting room. I was sitting at the head of the table and stood up.

"Guys, I need your help." I say. The team sat up straighter. "I have gotten a call this morning from Hangseon." I said. I took my phone and played the recording.

"What the hell is '110716' supposed to mean?" Yoongi asked after the recording ended. "I have been thinking about that, maybe it's a date?" I ask.

"11th of July, this year..." Jin mumbled.

"That's the end of this school year." Namjoon said. I looked up. I grit my teeth. I was certain.

"He's going to kidnap Taehyung." I say. "How are you so certain?" Hoseok asked. "He said if he couldn't win from me, he'd change plans.

He said I had to keep an eye on Taehyung. The date he said is the end of the school year. Who goes to school? Taehyung. The change of plans? He can't take me down, so he'll kidnap Taehyung and use him to make me step down." I said.

"Are we totally sure that's the case?" Namjoon asked. "It's the most obvious plan." I said.

"What did you wanted help for?" Jin asked.

"I want you guys to not tell anything to Taehyung and try to keep him away from being alone. Whenever I'm at work, working 'till late, maybe one of you can accompany him, so if anything happens, you can protect him." I explain.

"Why don't you just teach him some stuff?" Jin asked again. "Not yet. He's not emotionally stable for that." I say.

"Isn't that what you said when I suggested you explain Plan Alpha to Taehyung?" Namjoon asked. I clenched my jaw.