Chapter 9

Heya! This chapter is really only sort of a mental health development chapter for Peter, and as well as some other stuff. Next chapter will hopefully speed up the process of this book. Even if it sounds boring right now, don't worry, because I have a plan! Thank you all for sticking with me through out all of this and I wish you all the best of luck!

Enjoy reading :)

{♡}

{♤}

The elevator closed with a satisfying click. MJ stood next to Tony and Happy with sweaty palms. She was extremely nervous, to say the most. It was a pain convincing everyone to let her see Peter, but she knew she needed to be around someone right now. Someone close to her.

Her mother didn't understand right now that MJ didn't want to be around her, she suspected it was something she said. She blamed herself for letting Ned walk home alone.

MJ turned to Tony, and he turned to her seconds later. She looked away quickly, thinking it was disrespectful to look at someone in higher authority than her. Tony chuckled lightly, patting her shoulder with his hand.

"Loosen up, kid," he started, giving her a side smile. "Peter is probably as worried as you are about Jed."

"Ned."

"Right, right. Sorry."

It was uneasy again, and now it was Happy's turn to fix the atmosphere.

"Dont worry, I swear we'll find your friend. Tony here is extremely good with this stuff."

MJ smiled, even if her hair hid it from them, they knew it was there. It felt nice, knowing that despite him having only met her fifteen or so minutes ago, they were so quick to help. Maybe it was because he was Peter's friend, too.

MJ swore she was gonna swat Peter for worrying her so much. Why didn't he tell me about the orphanage?

She couldn't help but slightly frown at this. Was she untrustworthy? She would've helped if she could, and definitely have given Peter a better place to stay. But, knowing Peter, she knew he wouldn't leave the other children there alone. They were practically family. He talked of them as if they were his, he had taken care of them a lot, after all.