II. Outrider

This chapter contains spoilers for the recent archon quest PLEASE avoid reading the first part of this chapter and start after the first '—' symbol if you don't want to be spoiled

.˚ :: !┊͙ experience the reality of this world with him

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

A petite girl stared at the city past the cliff, everything felt hot and horrible.

She never knew what this place was exactly, but seeing it burn to the ground hurt her deeply. From what her eyes could see there were some gods around, destroying the area themselves. Everything felt familiar, like she was there when it had happened.

'Shouldn't archons be protecting people..?' She thought tears stinging her eyes. Her respect for the gods falling.

This wasn't her the first time seeing this. She would have episodes where she would be standing here, watching helplessly, nothing in the present world would snap her out of the daze she was usually in.

Her gaze turned to the spot where a blonde girl would kneel on the ground, her arm outstretched towards the city.

She knew that this wasn't real time as the girl couldn't see her. But today was different, the girl wasn't there anymore.

"This is the true nature of The Seven and Celestia." She heard a voice, the girl turned around to find the same blonde girl, but she looked furious and betrayed instead of vulnerable and weak. "Even you can see it. They're destroying Khaenri'ah because there's no god. The people here turned into abyss mages because of the rulers of this world."

"But why would they do this..?" The girl whispered turning to the horrific sight once again.

"I can't tell you that, you will have to start an adventure." She shook her head. "Find my brother and experience the true nature of this world with him."

"Hey!" You were snapped out of your daze to be met with sharp amber eyes. "What are you doing?! Are you trying to kill yourself?"

It was Xiao, the adeptus that saved you from countless subconscious attempts in harming yourself.

"Huh?" You tilted your head, confused. You looked down and saw that you were on the wrong side of the balcony in the Wangshu Inn. "H-hey how'd I get here?!" You shakily asked, gripping Xiaos arm tightly.

The adeptus looked at you in confusion before lifting you to the other side of the railing, you instantly stepping back. "What do you mean? I keep catching you at the edge of some cliff or building." He glared.