17. Expiriences with doppelgangers

Start from the beginning

Aurora sighed deeply and turned around to face her brother, her lips pursed. "Well, I don't feel safe being in a house where I experienced losing something important to me." Aurora snapped, her heart feeling heavy from the now distant memory. Damon came up closer to the small girl until he was within arm distance.

"I'm sorry Aurora, I didn't mean to make you sad at the bonfire." He said looking down, Aurora smiled sadly.

"Damon, I forgive you but I don't want to be left alone again. Especially when I just got you back after about 6 or 7 months without you." Aurora's voice cracked at the end as she realized how much she missed her sibling.

Damon bit the inside of his cheek and pushed aside his guilt and the tiny voice in his head telling him to not do what he's about to do. "Can I have a hug?" He asked meekly, she giggled and hugged him not seeing the clear cylinder tube filled with a clear liquid.

"I love you so much." She spoke before freezing up, Damon croaked up an apology.

"I'm sorry flower." He spoke as he pushed in the Oleander into his sisters lower back. He felt her slipping into sleep and her body going limp in his arms. He lifted her up in his arms and moved a piece of her thick blonde hair out of her face scowling when he felt a familiar presence behind him.

"It was necessary Damon, she's too powerful and would have stopped our plans." Stefan said as he came in with his hands in his pockets.

"I know now let's go before she wakes up." Damon snapped carrying his sleeping sister into his car gently and quickly wiping away the tear of guilt that slipped out of his blue eyes. He got in the drivers side and waited until Stefan joined him and when he did they drove to the Salvatore boarding house silently.

☦︎︎

Aurora groaned and her head felt heavy and she could feel the pounding ache in her head and back. Lovely leftovers of the Oleander. She racked her brain in memory of how she got in the situation where she was tied to a chair in a dusty basement. Her heart clenched as she remembered Damon putting her here.

Her brother, the one who she thought would always be by her side, drugged her and trapped her. Her brother who would always protect her from her fathers beatings. Her brother who would always make flower formed with her and read to her when she couldn't sleep at night. He betrayed her.

Aurora felt hot angry tears rush down her face as she jerked her arms and cried out in pain. "Come face me you dirty rotten coward!" She yelled towards the large metal door. It was silent for a few moments before it opened with a loud creak. "Damon?" She asked not being able to see correctly, but she was ultimately disappointed when she found out that it was only Elena Gilbert.

"Hello Aurora." She greeted with a nod, Aurora snarled.

"What the hell do you want Elena?" Auroras tone was sharp and cold and it made Elena grow goosebumps on her arms. She folded them and pursed her lips in deep thought.

"I wanted to talk." She stated with a shrug, this made Aurora laugh coldly.

"Well then, proceed with it Doppelbitch!" She snapped, Elena frowned and shook her head.

"What happened to you Aurora? When I met you, you used to be so nice and pure and now you cold and distant. Stefan told me you murdered innocent people, how could you?" Elena asked, her voice was laced in disgust.

Aurora scoffed loudly, "wanna know what happened to me? Oh, I'll tell you what happened." Aurora leaned forward in her seat staring deadly daggers into Elena's dull brown eyes. "I was in a Coffin for 145 years all alone and cold, I wanted to actually be dead and not asleep. Then, a miracle happened, I was free and reunited with my two brothers who I loved with all my heart. No one else had room in my heart." A tear slipped down her pale face.

"Then, not even five days later i was trapped in a mansion with no one. I was by myself, out of anger I killed those people, out of loss. Every time I was one of them I killed them without a thought."

"Then, once again I was free. This time I met someone. Klaus. He saved me, treated me like the queen I was, treated me with respect. He made me feel wanted. I was so blind to see that my brother Damon wouldn't take Stefan's side and stay with me but apparently not."

"You see, everything would be fine and I would be living happily with them if it wasn't for you." Elena widened her eyes at the blonde girl who was no where near her end.

"It was you, who convinced them I was dangerous, it was you. All you Elena Gilbert. And trust me, if your blood wasn't important to Nik, I would relish in killing you." She snarled, Elena had enough of the morbid rant. She quickly got up and stabbed Aurora with another dose of Oleander not knowing the hell she would pay when Klaus learned of this.
___________
Word count: 1401

A/n
Hey y'all, I'm so sorry it has been so long since I've posted but so many things have been going on in my life. I have softball tournaments to go to almost every weekend. I have state testing to study for, and I have been just so tired and I'm so glad you all have been so patient with me I really appreciate it.

Also, THANK YOU FOR 29.9k views:

It honestly means so much to me that you all have enjoyed it this much. I never would have thought that this would have happened and it just makes me so happy to wake up to a thousand new views.

Also, Auroras life will definitely get better( I promise.