Attacks

"Father, what is wrong?" I ask curiously. He walks over and takes a seat. My mother scurries onto the patio coming from the yard. Her skirt is a bit dirty from the gradens. She looks at me with sorrow on her face before sitting down next to my father.

"Well, Eleanor. There were bombings on the military forces last night. We believe they were from the Abbadon," my father sounded sad. The Abbadon were ruthless people. They tried to gain control of every little island kingdom of the ocast of Britain.

I began to cry, we all knew what the Abbadon meant, certain death. "Honey," my mother began, "You cannot stay here. You must leave." I nodded understandingly. Alfred wrapped his arms around me, "I will keep her safe somewhere I promise." My mother shook her head.

"Alfred you will not be staying with her, im sorry but the two of you together may show who you are. Eleanor you are going to live with your Aunt. Alfred you may stay or go to Australia, your choice," there was no questioning in my father's voice. My father stood up and my mother followed him holding his arm, and weeping softly.

My wedding was supposed to be tomorrow and now in 3 minutes my entire life had changed. Sure, I didn't love Alfred but I still concidered him a very close friend, I did not want to be on the opposite side of the world.

Alfred grabbed my hand, "Come on Elle, let's go for a walk." I stood up and followed him out onto the stone path. We ended up at the rose gardens.

"Elle I know you don't love me," he said. I turned to him his eyes were a bit watery. I did not know what to say, i wish I was better at talking like my mother. "I-I'm sorryy..." I managed to say. He just looked at me like I just died in his arms and Alfred started crying.

"Alfred please do not cry. I am nothing worth crying about!" I protested. He took his shirt sleeve and dabbed his eyes. He forced out a small laugh, "Oh Elle, you really think that don't you? You can't see your own beauty, inside and out."

"There is nothing to see," i said. Alfred smiled and then did something surprising, Alfred kissed me. I stood in shock and he noticed my face, "I am sorry it's just I am staying here to fight. If I never grt to see you again, I just wanted to be able to say that I kissed the most beautiful girl in the world." Thats when I started crying too.