the beginning

All I know is you held the door
You'll be mine and I'll be yours

Henry charles bass woke up that warm September morning he hated mornings except when Dorota (the maid), would make pancakes, the five year old slowly made it out of bed and saw that His mother the one and only Blair Waldorf had laid out his uniform. He didn't want to be look like every one else. He got dressed and smiles to himself as he made his way downstairs.

Of course his father Chuck Bass was at work this early in the morning (he ran bass industry's and owned the empire hotel). He was too young to know what gossip girl was so he didnt care about all that. His little sister Alexia came in and looked sorta blair like with her dress and hair band. Dorota smiles as she gives him the pancakes, he scoffed them before getting his shoes on and have his mother walk him to school.

The walk to school was long and boring. Obviously...he walked along the path with his mother and best friend jacob Archibald. His dark brown hair fell in his face.

After they got there blair pulled Henry into an tight affectionate hug which he didnt mind but felt weird about as the older kids where staring.

And there she was it was like an old movie where the sailor turns to his buddy and says "see that girl I'm gonna marry her some day" she was beautiful with long brown hair, curled at the tips , bright blue eyes and wearing the same uniform as Henry. Standing next to her was a a redheaded woman with a Stern facial expression. Henry watched the girl go over to a dark skinned girl and hugged her.

When class started Henry watched the girl not answer the questions that were directed to her. Which was weird to Henry because if he did that he would be in trouble but how baffling as it was to him, he didn't care because he too didnt want to take these boring lessons when there is a whole new world to discover. He turned his head and smiled as he didnt want to get into trouble.

Playtime came slowly and he sat on the swing by himself intill the girl came over "hi I'm Lucille Vanderbilt and I was wondering if you would well maybe wanna play with me and my friend MJ"she says with utter confidence.

Henry was nervous and fell for her more and more "uhhhhh sure I guess"he says going bright red he knew lucy was only talking to him because MJ was interested in him but he didnt want MJ he wanted the girl. The girl who was perfect in every way. The girl who didnt answer questions because she was looking out the window he wanted the girl who made him feel like the luckiest boy in the world. And he wanted her more then anything in the world.

The rest of the day went by slowly as ever, jacob was more interested in the older kids and football and the other sports which seemed to be his dream, as for henry well hd knew he had a girlfriend but not a serious one but all he wanted is lucy.

When he got picked up by his mum and three in the afternoon he fell silent as MJ hugged him she kissed him on the check and waved goodbye.

"You made a good impression you already have a girlfriend"blair chuckes as she hugs her son.

"Mum that was MJ Mendes she is my girlfriend she cute and funny also sarcastic"he says chuckling awkwardly not hoping to not get found out that all he wanted was lucy and that's all he wanted.

Dinner was quiet after all Alexia was at the Archibald household having a play date with Summer Archibald Manhattans ice princess aka Mini serena, he kept thinking about Lucy how perfect she was and how he wanted to tell her that he loved her. But then again MJ seemed more perfect for him for now he guessed. He felt like there was a pit in his stomach he ached knowing if he didnt tell her she would find a boyfriend that wasnt him.